Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what vitamins to take?
Posted by: egliux ()
Date: January 28, 2010 08:38PM

What vitamins are MUST to addition to raw diet? What brands you would suggest? I know I am consuming a lot of vitamins from veggies and fruits, but I am sure vitamins like D, Calcium should be taken in addition...Or no? Thanks !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what vitamins to take?
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: January 28, 2010 09:38PM

Gentle Care. Vegan, No Folic Acid, Vitamin A or Iron. full of botanicals. [www.drfuhrman.com].

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 29, 2010 05:23AM

zinc, vitamin D, iron, b-complex

Date: January 29, 2010 02:38PM

Thank you! I will buy them!

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: January 31, 2010 12:27AM

Depends on your body and what you eat. Go to fitday.com and figure out what you are lacking based on your intake. I usually use Solgar with veggie caps or suitable for vegetarians. I take a mult-vitamin w/minerals, Vitamin C crystals from KAL when needed, Calcium/Magnesium liquid, Niacin, B-Complex, Iron, CoQ10 for my heart, Chlorophyll when needed, etc. Some people do sublingual B12, too. I don't generally go out of my way to take B12. Some people use a green drink supplement like Barley Greens or others. I muscle-test whether or not I need something. I don't take a supplement when I don't need one. Hope that helps.

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: February 01, 2010 03:59PM

This has a list of vitamins at the bottom of the page and tells how to determine if they are natural or synthetic!
[www.nutriteam.com]

Polarized Light, A True Reflection
The difference between synthetic and natural vitamins becomes apparent when viewing their response to a beam of polarized light. The light when passing through a natural vitamin will always bend to the right due to it's molecular rotation. Thus the letter "d" (representing "dextro" which means "right"winking smiley often appears on labels. However, the same light ray when passing through a synthetic vitamin will split into two parts, one part bending to the right and the other to the left. Because the synthetic vitamin is half "dextro" (right) and half "levo" (left), the letters "dl" often appear on labels at the beginning of the synthetic name.

A synthetic vitamin is like the image in a mirror. It looks like the real thing but doesn't function like the real thing. Half of it will work in the body and the other half won't work as well. Dr. Charles Schneider, Ph.D., professor of Chemistry, University of Cincinnati concluded wisely, "Get the vitamins that say natural. There is a difference. The "dl" (synthetic) will be cheaper, but if you could figure it out per energy unit or per use, the natural one will be cheaper."

Which would you rather have, the food in the mirror ... or the real food?

As far as calcium, some calcium sources are things like limestone, according to this link, so it's better to eat plants than rocks:

[www.ezorbcalcium.com]

"EZorb Calcium is composed of organic compounds (Green plant and vegetable extracts.). Unlike inorganic calcium sources such as calcium carbonate, calcium citrate or calcium gluconate, which are easily found in the earth as reefs, rocks or limestone deposits,". . .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2010 04:07PM by tropical.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 01, 2010 06:50PM

omigod, tropical--you just blew my mind!

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: February 01, 2010 07:19PM

What does co-natural mean?

Date: February 01, 2010 08:10PM

Tropical,

Thank you- your input was very valuable. I will check on vitamins no "dl"..smiling smiley

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: February 02, 2010 03:16AM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> omigod, tropical--you just blew my mind!

Yes, it's interesting. But I forgot to copy and paste this from the link too about synthetics being made from "the same stuff that causes throat cancer in smokers". You know, about a month ago I sent this link with this info in the message to everyone I know and not one person responded, it's like they didn't read it. Nice to have someone confirm that it's mindblowing.

"Many synthetics are made from coal tar derivatives. That's the same stuff that causes throat cancer for tobacco smokers. Don't you think your body can tell the difference? Surely your cells can make a distinction between food and coal tar, just as a fish knows the difference between natural and synthetic sea water."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2010 03:21AM by tropical.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 02, 2010 12:58PM

tropical,

[sigh]I have given up talking "through" the brains of people--you know, when information just runs right through their brains horizontally?

That synthetic vitamins are made from actual toxins is something that should alert even the most cursory reader.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables