Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Want your opinions processed raw food!
Posted by: leigh87 ()
Date: January 30, 2010 09:45AM

An example of my favorite raw treats are:

raw cashew coconut butter, ingredients are: raw coconut, raw cashews, raw agave nectar, and a teeny bit of natural salt.

Kelp noodles, ingredients: raw kelp

Raw brazil nut butter, ingredients: raw brazil nuts, with a teeny bit of natural salt

And, VERY OCCASIONALLY, I plan to have raw coconut chocolate butter, ingredients: raw coconut, raw cacoa powder, and a pinch of natural salt. I do not think it contains agave.

What do you all think of such foods? Other processed raw foods I like the taste of, are dehydrated crackers, and raw olives.

I understand that the IDEAL foods are 100% raw and unaltered; foods in their, pure, natural form, the way they are found in nature. Therefore, raw fruit, raw mid greens, and raw nuts and seeds in their shells (not the type you buy that are already out of their shells) sound to me, like the ideal foods.

How damaging are those raw treats I mentioned? Although not in their natural state, how much damage do you think it does to have them once a week?

It is a frustrating thought, actually; that a 4 ingredients treat can hold you back from achieving optimal health, JUST because it has been altered from its natural state. Although not ideal food, it is not COMPLETELY toxic, either. Do where does it stand?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Want your opinions processed raw food!
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 30, 2010 02:26PM

leigh,

No one knows how "damaging" processed raw foods are. It matters how one feels one them. I find that the more of them I eat the less I like their flavor, texture, or the way I feel afterwards. Others who have long since become fully raw can still eat them, even daily, and feel fine. I say eat whatever you want that's raw and makes you feel happy and vigorous, or occasionally satisfies some sensual need. If you read your body and its responses, it shouldn't matter what everyone else thinks about gourmet raw, especially as there actually is no consensus of opinion!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables