Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is Raw Foods the Superior Approach to Wellness, Every Time?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 31, 2010 04:08AM

Certainly, the proposition that Raw Foods is the Superior Approach, every time to Wellness, may be supported by overwhelming evidence, and rise to a cultural truism, yet, it simply can not be proved conclusively, since the effects of food are for the Soul-Person, and not for the body/effect.

A meal prepared with love, even cooked, is far more precious/life-giving, than the finest raw-chef-custom-to-the-bliss-moment prepared health-bursting superior-nutritional foodstuffs, if the patient refuses to accept/receive the obvious love/care that has been disposed upon Gaia’s ever-present Bounty.

The health merits are to be decided by the patient and not the Doctor; and so i conclude: The proposition that Raw Foods is the Superior Approach, every time to Wellness, is not True, even if the Facts support the Approach.

This post has more to do with the difference between Truth and Facts, than with Raw Foods.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Raw Foods the Superior Approach to Wellness, Every Time?
Date: January 31, 2010 02:50PM

Here's my philosophy:

Many paths to one destination.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 31, 2010 03:46PM

stuart,

That was a lovely poem : )

Posted by: Raw Seeker ()
Date: January 31, 2010 08:21PM

Where is the poem??

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 01, 2010 08:27AM

Sorry - I do not believe a cheese burger prepared with love is more precious/life giving than a plate of fruit however it is delivered.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: February 01, 2010 12:33PM

"This post has more to do with the difference between Truth and Facts, than with Raw Foods."

Truth can be illusive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2010 12:40PM by loeve.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: February 01, 2010 12:45PM

There is no truth or lies, no right or wrong. Things, people, space, the universe, they just ARE!

Date: February 01, 2010 01:07PM

Raw Seeker,

The prose he wrote reads like a poem to me, a very free verse one, I'll grant you, but still . . .

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: February 01, 2010 01:14PM

In this context , I agree. The poetry is in such language as "Truth and Facts", looking at subtleties or similarites, instead of opposites like true or false, good or evil...

Posted by: Raw Seeker ()
Date: February 01, 2010 09:20PM

I've had lots of cooked food given to me with the utmost love, and have received them with even more love and they still screwed my health up.

Now I buy fruits given to me by the vendor who only has love for the money he's making, and my health has never been better.

When I first went raw(I'm in my fourth year of raw)I constantly thought of all the cooked foods I was missing. I loved them! I ate fruits and veggies with hardly any love for them and hardly any love in what I was doing. Yet my health and life IMPROVED!!
And when I fell back to cooked foods I ate them with endearing love every time and every time they consistently ****ed my health up!

My health has never been better since I've given up cooked foods.

I'll take fruits given to me without love than cooked foods given with love any day!!

Date: February 02, 2010 12:54PM

Raw Seeker,

I don't know if you meant to, but that really made me chortle : )

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: February 02, 2010 03:10PM

Mental state supercedes physical state

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 02, 2010 03:22PM

i save my love for my hubby, animals, family and friends. attaching emotions like love or grief or hate or stress to my food just triggers disordly eating in my case anyways. food is fuel to me and nothing more smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: frances ()
Date: February 02, 2010 03:34PM

There is a measurable though inconsistent health benefit to believing you are going to be healthy. A person eating a turkey sandwich with perfect faith that it will make them healthier will have slightly better results than someone else eating an exact sandwich. This difference (the placebo effect) is usually comparatively short-term, and even the short-term effectiveness is usually limited.

There is also some long-term health benefit to going though life feeling loved, and if you have someone preparing your meal with love it would tend to make you *feel* loved.

In the balance, I think it's more important to eat healthily than the think you're eating healthy, though both would be best. If your loved ones prefer to eat unhealthy food, then there are probably better ways to bask in their love than to eat their cooking.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: February 02, 2010 03:49PM

Superior approach?

Couldnt 'hoit.

Vinny

Date: February 02, 2010 05:11PM

i Feel like crap when i Eat like crap.

Date: February 02, 2010 05:12PM

Raw Seeker
Very well said! I completely agree!

Posted by: leigh87 ()
Date: February 03, 2010 10:07AM

Wow. I would be miserable if I disliked eating. I am very happy that I actually enjoy the foods that also happen to be the best for me!

Although the reason I genuinely love raw fruits, certain mild greens, and a variety of raw fats, could be because BEFORE I went “ raw”, I still ate a fairly unprocessed diet with virtually no grains - plain sweet potato, raw fruits and vegetables, and animal protein cooked plain. No additives, preservatives, sugar, or anything man made.

I think if a person goes from eating VERY heavily toxic processed foods, such as a salad sandwich that has 30 ingredients in the bread alone, without even adding the rest of the possible fillings, and switches to raw , the transition period will be longer.

Taste buds will adapt to unprocessed foods, and stop desiring unnatural foods over time. My taste buds already had lost their taste for fake man made foods before going raw, which probably made it easier for me, than it would be for a person going straight from a bad cooked diet to raw.

And Jodi - food IS fuel, but I also sit down and really enjoy every bite of each of my meals. Food provides a large part of my enjoyment for the day, the same was other enjoyable activities, such as reading, do.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 03, 2010 06:45PM

Leigh I compare myself to a really good friend of mine that goes right overboard when it comes too food , she really LOVES her food ... i get a kick out of her gushing over this and that and the she laughs at how clinical i am about it smiling smiley

it takes all kinds smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: February 03, 2010 08:27PM

you assume facts not in evidence. If you want to rebut a propsition then at least take the time to research the evidence on both sides, form a hypothesis and submit it but don't waste our time.

Paul

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: February 04, 2010 12:00AM

Message boards are for wasting time! Evidence: it's what you do when you are bored.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables