Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Rebounder
Posted by: jonl138 ()
Date: February 01, 2010 02:46AM

Hey all,
after reading the many health benefits of rebounding I've become very interested in purchasing one. Has anyone had any Positive/negative experiences with rebounding? It seems the brand Needak is one of the better quality of rebounders currently on the market?
Thanks,
Jon

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rebounder
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 01, 2010 08:26AM

I bought one for the same reasons as you. I am a kenn runner but I thought on rest days I could do a bit of bouncing. However for me it didn't work out well. The day after bouncing I had an incredibly sore upper spine and neck. I tried it several times and always had the same painful result so in the end I gave it up as not being for me.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 01, 2010 01:06PM

jon,

I have been contemplating this myself. To that end, I watched this interesting video from Arnold, at Arnold's Way:

[www.youtube.com]

I am looking into the brand he recommends:

[arnoldsway.com]

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 01, 2010 02:34PM

I thought that video was appalling - it certainly wouldn't convince me of any benefits at all.

Actually I do think rebounding is good for you but 2 minutes a day in the way that woman was doing it - dream on.

They are just selling their product and classes - very badly in my opinion.

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: February 01, 2010 06:07PM

I bought a cheap one at walmart. I used it for awhile. I think it cost me $30.

My chiropractor thought it was a bad idea for me to start rebounding. I have weakened core muscles and a kyphotic posture. Its weird because rebounders are for core training, so I thought I was doing myself a favor.

I'm not quite sure if he was just trying to protect me because there is alot of cheap rebounders (and alot more expensive ones) out there that could potentially hurt my back.

I chose to bounce on an exercise ball to build up my core muscles, so I can eventually rebound.

Exercise balls (much cheaper) and rebounders both get the lymphatic system moving in the morning.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 01, 2010 06:59PM

flipperjan,

Appalling? Oh dear, maybe I accidentally posted something totally different from what I meant to, which is an over-all positive testamonial to the health benefits of rebounding from Arnold's Way in Pennsylvania. Nope, it's what I meant to post--whew, relieved!

The video is for people without any knowledge of rebounding, mind, so depicting someone with Cirque du Soleil style skills on a trampoline would probably not help to convince the timid. I don't find this video pushy; sorry if it offended.

The rebounder that's recommended is very well reviewed on Amazon and elsewhere, which is why I was considering it.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 01, 2010 08:39PM

Newhoove: I, too, bought a cheap rebounder from Wal-Mart ($15), but I have not set it up yet. It scared me because in the instructions they were adamant that you have to have more than one person open it because it's got these strong springs when folded and supposedly you could get very hurt if it snapped back.
I am also concerned if it could snap back when a person was jumping on it.

Does yours need more than one person opening it and how stable has it seemed to you?

Date: February 02, 2010 12:16AM

The rebounder I bought at wal-mart is really stable. I snapped it in to place all by myself. At first I was really scared! I would follow the directions though if I were you; get two people. I'm just a stubborn male who resists help from others! When I use it, I never once had the fear of it eating me like a venus fly trap.

I used it for a few months, every other day, and had no problems with it. My only complaint might be that the trampoline itself might be less flexible than a more expensive rebounder.

Posted by: alisonott ()
Date: February 02, 2010 06:37PM

I bought a second hand Super Tramp recounder on e-bay and have used it nearly everyday since November. I did need some help setting it up though - it does require strength.

I really enjoy the light exercise without always having to go outside when it is very cold. :-)

Posted by: greathealth ()
Date: February 02, 2010 07:15PM

I have had many rebounders but the cheap ones break very easily. I highly recommend spending the money and getting the expensive ones.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 02, 2010 10:51PM

i had a couple of cheap rebounders before buying a good one and agree with the above .. the good ones have a good bounce the cheap ones are stiff

i also had to invest in a good bra because of the bouncing was kinda hurtin the boobays a bit smiling smiley (my hubby quite enjoyed it tho lol)

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: February 02, 2010 11:47PM

Where can I buy a 'Super Tramp'? I think they are illegal in Pennsylvania.

I agree. The more expensive rebounders probably have more bounce and easier on your joints. I'd find a friend who has one and try it out first before you go spending a few hundred dollars on a self-proclaimed 'high tech' rebounder.

Posted by: greathealth ()
Date: March 16, 2010 02:29PM

I have the Needak. I love it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables