Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Your secret of rejuvenation?
Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: February 05, 2010 06:03AM

To all of you who are doing well and who see rejuvenation: please share your secrets! I am eager to know why you are doing well. I am not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Your secret of rejuvenation?
Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: February 05, 2010 06:10AM

What do you mean by rejuvenation? I have much more energy- I lost much weight- I have more clarity of thought which I think is the most important gain for me.
I'm not really interested in looking young, rather, feeling young and in charge of my life.

david

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: February 05, 2010 07:04AM

I'm sorry you're not doing well. I wonder what the symptoms are that you are experiencing and what your diet has been like (e.g., a sample day's menu, what percentage raw, whether you track nutrients). Perhaps others can offer suggestions with more information.

I have been doing great - so long as I keep to a low fat raw vegan diet, although I recognize that some people do well with more fat. Benefits for me have been weight loss, upbeat mood, no food allergies (which I previously had), and no acid reflux (which is why I first explored raw food). The only negative effect is that my sinuses were very clear when I first started raw food, but are not as clear now as they were in the first few months; however, it's still better than before raw. I care most about health and how I feel, but several people have told me that I look younger.

I hope you find what works for you. I know that I wouldn't have persisted with a raw food diet if I hadn't experienced the positive results I have.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 05, 2010 07:51AM

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: February 05, 2010 12:11PM

you might want to check out Tonya Zavasta's website
[www.beautifulonraw.com]

she seems very confident on raw food for rejevenation.

Cheers x

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 05, 2010 07:38PM

-I eat as best as I can to 80/10/10 although im probably more 70/15/15 smiling smiley
-I skin brush daily
-I wear sunglasses and big floppy hats and light cotton clothing when out in the full harshest day sun
-I oil pull
-I do Tai Chi , Yoga , and Qi Gong weekly
-I sauna and steam almost daily
-I have hands on Massage whenever possible or use My TENS machine when i cant get hands on smiling smiley
-I drink lots of water
-Meditation and relaxing time
-Get lots of sleep as needed (im not fighting this anymore and realize the importance of a good nap yawning smiley)
-Cut out the crappy people in my life that were stressing me out
-Try to see the good in all situations and make the best of things without being critical or obnoxious (hard for me at times LOL)
-I do hand and foot Reflexology on myself
-I see a Chiropractor , Physio therapist and Accupuncture over the course of the year when needed
-I stopped useing makeup on face , and commercial hair products. Only use homemade stuff now
-Cleaning up the toxins in house , (ripped out 40 year old carpet an lino an replaced with hardwood and stone flooring .. )
-Visit different churches and temples to meet all walks of life and get to know their religions be it Christian , Catholic, Sihk , Buddhist, Hindu , Baptist, Jehovah or whatever , i love talking to other people about their belief systems its all very interesting to me smiling smiley

im sure theres lots im forgetting but thats off the top of my head

The big area in my life that needs improvement is exercise ..i am a real slacker in this department smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: February 06, 2010 05:47AM

I think a great diet makes a difference, but I was so surprised to learn how much more effective it is with chakra meditations. I felt really good doing the phase 1 of rainbow green live food cuisine, but I have trouble enough keeping raw at this time, let alone low glycemic raw. I am finding that eating sprouts helps a lot, even if I don't stay completely raw. I found that I am still loosing weight, and at first I was puzzled by that, but I think its from the sprouts.

Getting out into fresh air, sunlight in a good environment helps a lot. The general spiritual qualities of an area makes a huge difference. I'm not entirely pleased with that aspect at my current location, and am planning a relocation. So I think those are all things to consider.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2010 05:49AM by Mislu.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 06, 2010 06:20AM

Good topic Greenpower!

-Whenever I can water fast once or even twice a week, I find that very rejuvenating. Like recharging a battery!

-Running helps me a lot.

-Walking long distances whenever I actually have the time.

-Yoga

-Spending time with people I love.

-Lots of fruit seems to help me, limiting the veggies and the nuts/seeds/avos, but not all the way to 80/10/10.

-Staying raw, while continuing to learn about new options and new foods.

Date: February 06, 2010 08:58AM

This is very interesting.

Thanks Bryan for the links! They are very helpful. I have been admiring Gosia, and browsed through her site again. One thing which struck me is her intuitive eating. I like that idea. It will be so nice for my stomach but not for my weight, because I will not be able to eat enough to keep up my weight. even high carb juices are a problem. My BMI is 19, and really really do not want to drop below that figure.
May be I should relax and try again, no more worries about getting enough calories, no worries about getting too thin, just see where it goes? May be the body will adjust after a while? I am saying this because it is known that Calorie restriction is not good if you do overdo it, and my level will be below what is recommended. I am already on 20% CRON (calorie restriction with optimal nutrition).

Lisa, thanks for the link, she is inspiring indeed.

Jgunn, where do you get the time to do all that? I am jealous!

suncloud, regular fasting is powerful, and enough exercise. I am active enough, but there is room for improvement there.

Looking forward to see more reactions!

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: February 06, 2010 07:31PM

Ive found these 4 things to have helpped my health tremendously:

1) Listening to my digestive system as my #1 guide

2) Moderate Exercise Everyday: intense when the spirit is strong, light when the spirit is quiet.

3) Freshly juiced celery and greens every day!

4) Mono Eating Fruit. Eating quite enough and listening to my digestive system when it doesn't want more.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 07, 2010 02:46AM

My Principals of Good Health and Rejuvenation:
1) Listen to your inner coach for signals.
2) Don't interfere with the healing process.
3) Eat simple raw meals that are correctly timed & combined.
4) Go to bed hungry.
5) Never eat to the point of being full.

Date: February 08, 2010 07:08AM

Bryan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here are some of my secrets:
>
> Success on the raw foods diet
> What will you manifest with your raw energy?
> There's more to health than diet

Bryan, I love your articles! I think all of us should read these. Why not put them as a sticky message right at the top? They can help so many people understand what is going on when changes are made in diet and lifestyle.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 08, 2010 12:57PM

The things that helped me back from the hell of chronic fatigue syndrome/fibro were these.

1. good diet rich in raw foods
2. herbs mainly adaptagens, nettle, amla and other rejuvantive herbs.
3. Far infrared sauna
4. Lymphatic therapy such as rebounding and dry skin brushing.
5. Enemas

Enemas and Cucumbers!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 08, 2010 04:55PM

Eat a cucumber every day.

For the enemas, do your research. Don't use them in place of an excellent diet. Yes, people do get addicted to enemas and colonics if their diet is below par.

Get the LifeFood Recipe Book by Annie Padden Jubb! She's defnitely gorgeous on purpose.

Have fun, smile and laugh!

~Cat

Date: February 12, 2010 06:12AM

I try to manage my stress. When I do that I feel much better, when I don't I feel crummy. Also hanging out with my daughter is healing for me & makes me want to live. smiling smiley

Date: February 12, 2010 09:38AM

That's cute, commintity builder. sometime's it's in the genes how you'll age, although health seekers may alter that even further. If your momma never did yoga a day in her life and you have been since age 25, you'll be more elastic and feel better and look better and yoga is said to get your blood flowing and breath control causes stress release. and that could be i'd think a beutifying factor. you know how it brings color to your cheeks?

In my case, to remain youthful, i've manged to not work in the last TEN years and find that sleeping in all those years has done wonders for my skin.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 13, 2010 04:29AM

An open-minded approach to diet and lifestyle that values intuition, self-analysis and experimentation over dietary and physical fitness dogma; an open-hearted approach to spirituality that values love and compassion over scripture or dogma. Most importantly, an awareness that prana or chi is the ultimate nutrient.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 13, 2010 08:03AM

and that prana is so exsistence in yoga. I do have a hunch that yoga is a number one longevity secret. It feels amzing and what calmness of being you get from doing it. I almost can't go outside the house anymore without doing some. but I think we all know that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables