Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Is Dr. Graham's version of 80-10-10 deficient?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 14, 2010 10:18AM

WorkoutMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> powerlifer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > candida is caused by an imbalance and lack of
> good
> > flora, an akaline terrain which allows
> > opportunistic pathogens like candida to change
> > from their harmless yeast form to overgrowth
> > fungal form which is usually kept in check from
> > the acids that your good bacteria release.
> >
> > if whatever problems you had cured from eating
> > fruit i can assure you, you prob didnt have
> > candida.
>
> This doen't make alot of sense to me. From what
> Ive read, the underlying cause of Candida seems to
> be chronically high levels of nutrients in the
> blood (ie sugars, fats)

show me anything that suggests candida is caused by high sugar/fats, they help feed and contribute but there not the cause. Lack of good bacteria is the cause, just like when you take anti-biotics and get a yeast infection down there. This is because of the shift in PH from acidic to alkaline, its the same for the vagina, skin, intestinal tract and so on, they are protected by lactic acid producing bacteria which help keep microbes like candida in check.

also systemic candida rarely happens minus those with major immuno-deficiency such as cancer/aids. Overgrowth of candida in the intestine is quite common due to anti-biotic overuse but most of these candida sites have no idea what there talking about. They attribute diseases as candida cause when they have nothing to do with candida.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 14, 2010 05:07PM

Horsea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I try to eat raw sesame seeds, I right away,
> the same day, get leg cramps.

Interesting. I've been eating about 3 tablespoons of mixed seeds (mostly sesame + pumpkin + sunflower) and experienced the same!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 14, 2010 07:28PM

Horsea and suspendedindefinitely, about the sesame seeds, strange, but in the past I've often found that when I stop eating sesame seeds I begin to get leg/toe cramps! It's the same with my husband, and also our neighbor.

Definitely, it's good to hear about other people's experiences. Sometimes it can come as quite a surprise to find that their experiences are not the same as mine!

When I eat sesame seeds, I usually just eat them as is, not soaked, sprouted, or roasted. But for a long time I was soaking them - not sprouting them - overnight. I thought they tasted very good. They had a good texture. If you haven't tried that yet, could be something to check out. I think, after reading your post, I might go back to it myself. Nice to get these reminders.

I usually mixed them with soaked sunflower seeds.

I find that the more I exercise, the better my body digests everything I eat. And I like to fast once a week, when I can. After a fast my body soaks stuff up like a sponge, and gets rid of what it doesn't want. I'm not sure if this could help with oxalic acid, but maybe it could. Something to wonder about.

One thing I'm starting to get into is chia. It's a good calcium source, and great for Omega 3. I never heard about Louis Kervan's book, "Biological Transmutations". Looks interesting!

Glad to see you here Mark Squire. Did you get the information about calcium from Louis Kervan's book?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2010 07:34PM by suncloud.

Posted by: marksquire ()
Date: February 14, 2010 08:13PM

I got the information from Calcium partially from the book, but also from other research I've seen from a bunch of sources.

To Horsea, it doesn't matter if you're healthy or not, ingested calcium doesn't do much in the human body, other than causing problems -- especially in large doses. If you're sick or not vitally healthy, then calcium is the least of your concerns. The focus should always be on building the digestive fire.

Foods that are high in calcium contain oxalic acid and anti-nutrients such as pentosanes, hexanes, and glucosinolates, which bind to minerals, and leaves you worse off than before.

If it makes you feel better, like you NEED calcium (even though you don't at all), oranges and figs contain a decent amount of calcium.

Best,
Mark

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: February 14, 2010 09:20PM

My "digestive fire" is wonderful. I have been to two doctors of chinese medicine and they consider my digestion to be good. One of them prescribed me a herbal formula containing 3 sources of calcium, including "oyster shell calcium". I think this is called mu li. Suncloud, I am going to try the just-soaked, not-sprouted sesame seeds and see what the effect is. I prefer the black seeds; they may be more calcium-rich but am not sure.

Back to digestive fire: doctors of traditional or classical chinese medicine stress that a high-raw diet is the worst thing possible for digestive-fire deficit. That is the first thing they look for, at least in North American patients. - how much raw food are you eating.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 14, 2010 10:06PM

what is this digestive fire ive never heard of before except on raw forums

oyster shell calcium is carbonate which along with oxide are the worst forms of calcium. They promote alkalinity of the digestive tract for a start.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2010 10:09PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 14, 2010 11:04PM

I think sometimes people focus their thoughts and concerns on what other people are doing instead of their own life and what they need (or don't need).

Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: February 15, 2010 12:14AM

Horsea, another possible cause of the cramps after the sesame seeds: not enough magensium compared to calcium. I used to get cramps after drinking milk. My parents had no idea and blamed it on growth. Now I know it was the high calcium combined with lack of magnesium. Adding greens (high in magnesium) would stop the cramps. I think if you roast the seeds the calcium will become tightly bound in calcium oxalate and become unavailable for the body. So that could be one reason for avoiding cramps, just because you have reduced your calcium intake!

Milk is not an option for calcium, because the milk protein makes you excrete the calcium leaving you with a negative calcium balance. Greens don't do that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2010 12:16AM by greenpower.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: February 15, 2010 12:25AM

Greenpower, that is a plausible explanation. As to greens, I have found that in general they seem to have a balancing, soothing effect irrespective of anything else in my diet. It may or may not be the magnesium; it may be some overall "energy" of the food. (It's like an oriental formula for beriberi: it contains NO VITAMIN B, but cures the severe B-deficiency nonetheless. How neat is that!) Thank you for your input; it is helpful.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables