Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Graham vs Billings
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 13, 2010 01:21AM

Here's an interesting article titled "Is 100% raw vegan our optimal diet?" in which Doug Graham and Thomas Billings express their different opinions:

[fresh-network.typepad.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Graham vs Billings
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 13, 2010 02:29PM

This was mind boggling, but I am glad you posted it. Let the games begin!

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: February 13, 2010 03:25PM

Ive always traditionally really liked both of them. Billings with his science and Graham with his thoughtfull logic. Haha the argument makes me chuckle and it drives me bonkers at the same time!....

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 13, 2010 04:42PM

Interesting that you have posted this EZrider because I sent it to Bryan to see if he deemed it suitable to post. I asked him to post it if he thought it was suitable for a vegan board. He hasn't posted it and so I imagine he might delete this thread.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: February 13, 2010 05:00PM

I hope he does not delete this topic.

It seems unwise to eat in a way that clearly may not be working for you anymore - cooked/raw/vegan/nonvegan/etc. - in order to be able to say that you are keeping with some overall food ideology.

Me, I used to eat a heavy cooked-food pretty-much-macrobiotic diet and did fabulous on it for some years, then I started feeling bad and am pleased to note that now I am more into raw foods & much less into cooked starches. All that cooked starch satisfied something in me for years and then my body changed and demanded something different. What am I supposed to do? Force myself into 100% raw when I can't stand that any more than I can stand the macro starchy diet?

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 13, 2010 05:02PM

flipperjan,

I posted the link to the article because I am a practicing raw vegan with an open mind that is interested in the goal of achieving and maintaining health and following that goal wherever it may lead me.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: February 14, 2010 01:16AM

Does anyone else find it ironic that both of these guys are correct and in opposition at the same time. Neither of their premise' are incorrect yet they both fail to recognize the merit in each others point of view.

Both views have merit!

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables