Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sore throat
Posted by: EddieOrso ()
Date: February 14, 2010 02:15AM

I have had a sore throat for 7 days now. In the morning it's sore,
throughout the day its calms down, but at night it gets evil. And it's
hard to swallow without cringing.

I've been eating my raw foods and drinking water. I want to avoid doctors and
pills. I never take them, but i've also never had something like this for so long.

I have no other symptoms other than a phlegm in the morning.
any remedies? or advise?

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sore throat
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 14, 2010 04:00AM

Some find fasting aids them in healing (those that have no other outstanding health conditions that would preclude fasting). For those that cannot fast, a diet of fresh orange juice only should greatly assist in healing - along with reasonable walking, rest, fresh air and sunlight daily until healed. Just my experience.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: February 14, 2010 04:09AM

Can you have someone look at your throat to see if there is redness or bumps or anything that would show infection? Check your temperature if you haven't. There are home remedies on the internet. This one may not sound logical, but I have gargled with warm salt water and felt some pain relief.

Could it be an allergy? When I moved from Louisiana to Texas I developed an allergy to cedar pollen that I had never had before. I doubt that's it, though, because it probably wouldn't be worse at night.

Although not likely, it could possibly be acid reflux. It was for me. Sore throat was my main and only symptom too, at first. I went to two doctors (a month apart) because the pain in my throat wouldn't go away and each of those doctors put me on antibiotics. Since it wasn't an infection, the medicine didn't help at all. Like you, it was worse at night when I was lying down. The third doctor that identified it as acid reflux recommended that I slightly elevate the head of my bed by putting a book under each of the legs at the head and also to use two pillows. However, a raw diet that was low in fat and low in protein helped the most. I know you're already raw, but maybe you are eating a high fat raw diet (i.e., a lot of seeds, nuts, avocado)? Fat and protein can be hard for some people to digest. I cut it to 10% fat for a while, but am around 15-20% now and feel great. (If you do think that it's acid reflux, I have more info.)

I hope you feel better soon.

My favorite raw vegan

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2010 04:14AM by Trive.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 14, 2010 04:57AM

I one time woke up with the beginnings of a sore throat in the middle of the night. I remember a guy had told me days before that he takes garlic for throat sores. so I got up and ate i-2 cloves of garlic,and went back to sleep. I woke up 4 hours later with zero signs of a sore throat.and it never came back.

Posted by: rawne ()
Date: February 14, 2010 12:33PM

A friend of mine claims instant pain relief from sore throat with urine. He does not swallow it. If interested, I will find out the particulars for you as there is a special technique he uses. He also irrigates with urine using a neti pot.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 14, 2010 02:16PM

Garlic.... Lots and lots of raw garlic.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 14, 2010 08:10PM

Eddie,

If you've been giging in smokey clubs and you've been high raw all this time, you may just be really sensitive to fumes and stuff these days. Gargling with sea salt dissolved in warm water as often as you start to feel the first twinge of discomfort can help. I don't advise gargling with urine, as it's filthy and if you have an infection, it could make it worse. Garlic, however, is good. You could actually crush a clove of it and let it sit in the salwater gargle solution for ten minutes or so before gargling, to increase the solution's potency. Get well soon.

Posted by: EddieOrso ()
Date: February 16, 2010 01:33PM

thanks for all your replies, gargling is working!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables