Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need Advice Fast!
Posted by: hiddenfang ()
Date: March 02, 2010 09:57PM

There is a weight loss study in my hometown that pays me one month rent to lose weight. I want to participate, but it is a trial study of a couple of products: Absolute Acai Berry and New Life Cleanse. Is ti ok to take these [seemingly] natural products while on raw? Is there a contraindiction? They do not care that I am on raw while doing the study (because it'll make their product look that much better). Has anyone tried these before?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need Advice Fast!
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 02, 2010 11:07PM

ive never looked at these products but will and reply, dont worry though about being 4000% raw to achieve things it will only put stress on you and your body just strive to be raw most of your time here.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 03, 2010 12:22AM

I'd be suspicious of the legitimacy of the study. Are they "studying" both products simultaneously? Must you purchase the products or are they provided freely for purposes of the "study"? Are there other hidden costs? Why is it a month's free rent and not a flat amount for everyone?

Have you read the ingredients on the labels for additives and processing?

It may be fine, but is worth scrutiny before getting involved.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: hiddenfang ()
Date: March 03, 2010 01:24AM

It is actually a flat rate...it just so happens that the amount is the same as my rent. And they are studying both products simultaneously. It's kind of a symbiotic arrangement.

However, since I found out that only one month of the test is free, and the second month will cost you upwards of $300, I declined.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 03, 2010 02:00PM

hiddenfang,

There has been a lot of negative press about acai supplements recently; as with anything that appears beneficial in its natural form, marketers jump on the band wagon and soon the market is flooded with ungraded formulations making all kinds of claims. Do your due diligence and investigate these products before you consider participating in the study. A simple Google search of "acai berry supplements" should list a host of articles. All I found for New Life's cleanse was testamonials from two people who claimed to have used the dual diet you are describing with great success. One of them claims to be in my hometown; if I run into her at the grocery store, I'll interview her : ) I can't find anything about the manufacturer of the cleanse, which to me is alarming.

I never assume because something is natural, it works for anything. I always learn about the manufacturer and their standards before I purchase anything, especially to put in my mouth! Good luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables