Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fasting - muscle cramps
Posted by: badawie ()
Date: March 10, 2010 05:32PM

Hello,

I'm doing a 3-4 day fast to reset my system and try and find some relief from bad allergies. I'm just coming up on my 25th hour and I'm experiencing some muscle cramps in my legs. I've been walking around a bit at home doing things, maybe I shouldn't do that? I thought it wouldn't hurt so early in the fast but not having done this before any thoughts would help!

I'm in good health apart from the allergies which I've had for most of my life.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fasting - muscle cramps
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 10, 2010 05:49PM

If you have not done a longer fast, I would break the fast if you are experiencing cramps. Even if you have done a longer fast before, you should probably break any fast in which you are experiencing acute conditions (pain, bleeding, cramping, etc.).

If you are energetic, light walking while fasting is fine - and even peaceful.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: March 10, 2010 05:56PM

Thanks for the reply David.

I might give it a few hours and see if it calms down again. I'm itching now which means I've come into contact with something I'm allergic to and I sometimes get muscle cramps when I have an allergic reaction. I have dust all over me (was reading some old books in the attic!) will shower and see if that improves things.

And it is my first fast which is why I'm being overly cautious!

Date: March 10, 2010 11:29PM

So my muscle cramps were definitely related to my allergy because they disappeared at the same time I stopped sniffling. So amazing to actually have allergy symptoms resolve instead of snowballing and it suddenly becoming impossible for me to tolerate!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables