Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ladies- What's a good raw under eye cream?
Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: August 18, 2006 03:05PM

I'm looking for something natural but not really oily for under my eyes before I go to bed...any suggestions?

Jen Rose

"You must first unlearn the lies, and then you will have room for the truth"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ladies- What's a good raw under eye cream?
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 20, 2006 01:40AM

Jen,

You're in the 21st century. Do you thing that only ladies take care of their skin and can answer your question? Time to wake up dear. I'm still working on my new raw skin care line and currently testing out my shampoos and conditioners with friends but, until then, my favorite under eye cream is whipped shea butter. I make it myself and incorporated hemp oil, cucumber and a few essential oils. However, just take some raw shea butter and whip it with a hand mixer for about 15 minutes or so. It will look like whipped creme and your eyes will love you for it. If you're interested I can give you a source for organic or non organic that is very reasonable.

Cheers,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 20, 2006 04:18AM

I agree with Marcos. I use both organic rose hip oil and a cream with shea butter. The shea butter especially works well.

Therese

Posted by: jono ()
Date: August 20, 2006 04:58AM

mountainroseherbs.com probably has good shea butter, and lots of other skin stuff. i buy my organic herbs from them.

Marcos - that is so fabulous....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: August 20, 2006 12:59PM

I LOVE that you're doing what you are doing. You have my support and agreement. We'll all look forward to your new creations!

With love,

PG

Date: August 20, 2006 03:39PM

OMG,

Mountain herbs is doing the same thing that hundreds of other websites are doing. They're depending on people's ignorance about how reasonably you can buy shea butter by selling theirs for a huge profit. I gotta tell you that I just bought 5lbs of organic shea butter for $30 + shipping. I can buy chemical free non organic and get two lbs for $12. That's a huge profit for mountain herbs. I love how folks capitalize on peoples ignorance.

Anyway, here's the link to my non-organic source. You have to purchase a larger quantity for organic so I'll reserve that for folks that email me.

[www.visvin10.com]

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: jono ()
Date: August 20, 2006 06:46PM

rawmark, i dont need to defend MRH but i can think of a few reasons why someone would rather buy shea butter from them. for one thing that site you mentioned has a copyright of 2004, that's never a good sign when i'm shopping online.

also, that site you mentioned states "Pure Shea Butter is a non-perishable product. It can be stored in it's container at room temperature indefinately." this is simply untrue... shea butter contains cinnamic acid (anti-inflammatory) and other nutrients that will degrade with time. MRH, being one of the largest online suppliers of natural ingredients probably has some of the freshest shea butter you can buy.

additionally, MRH states their grade of shea butter (grade A) while that other site doesn't. i could go on, but i think you get the point... just because someone is willing to pay more for a product doesn't mean that they're ignorant. and not everybody wants to buy 2 pounds of shea butter.

Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: August 20, 2006 10:29PM

Thanks for the info jono

Jen Rose

"You must first unlearn the lies, and then you will have room for the truth"

Date: August 21, 2006 12:52PM

jono,

Actually, does have a shelf life of 12-24 months. I pulled this from the website where I buy my organic shea

Raw, unrefined shea butter has an average shelf life of 12 to 24 months without the addition of preservatives. To maximize the shelf life, it is important to store it under the proper conditions as outlined below.

1. Keep the unrefined shea butter in a cool area, below 50 degrees F
2. Store unrefined shea butter in a dark area, away from direct sunlight
3. Do not mix old shea butter with fresh shea butter
4. Do not over heat the shea butter when melting and avoid repeat meltings
5. Do not leave the shea butter in your car with the windows closed or any other similar situation

You can also add natural preservatives, such as vitamin E or rosemary oil to extend the shelf life.

Peace,

Marcos

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables