Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new to raw
Posted by: all5senses ()
Date: August 18, 2006 06:19PM

hi everyone,
my name is emily and i am new to the raw food lifestyle. i'm currently a vegetarian and i want to lose 50 lbs. i currently don't exercise and i eat terribly. i am good with transition; looking to jump right in. are there any specific (raw or cooked) foods i should avoid and what should i never go without? i am going to start an exercise program, but a little lost with what to do other than walking and stretching. any ideas? thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2006 06:22PM by all5senses.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new to raw
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 18, 2006 07:07PM

The essential raw foods are those that are whole fresh ripe raw organic fruits and vegetables. In fact, the more foods you can eat with these attributes (whole, fresh, ripe, raw, organic), the better your health will be.

As for exercise, walking is excellent exercise. Getting 30 minutes (or more) of walking (not a slow walk, but spirited) will help with your overall health.

Foods to avoid: animal products, processed foods. If you continue to eat cooked foods during your transition, let all those foods be whole foods that you prepared yourself. The healthiest cooked foods are steamed vegetables without salt or condiments. If you need cooked starches, steamed root vegetables are the healthiest.

One the raw diet, the best source of energy is fresh fruit. Minerals come from fruit and from salads. Vitamins are abundant in fruit.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables