Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new and nervous!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 18, 2006 08:03PM

Hello all!
I am new here and very nervous! I love raw foods but they hurt my stomach so badly! My Dr. put me on ATkins - I know - horror! I felt great - but guilty! I lost weight which I have been trying to do but today said I can no longer take this! I am starting with juices tomorrow for my stomach -just bought a Sampson twin cam - - my fear is weight gain and also I fear compulsive eating as that is homething I seem to do when I eat raw. - Just eat all of the time! I do not like nuts, seeds, or dehydrated foods. - I am hoping to juice through out the day and eat solids after noon or later. Here goes!!
Also - having a colonic tomorrow - had two this week already - want to detox!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new and nervous!
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 19, 2006 12:29AM

Opinion:

-If you start by eating consistently at a level that you ARE very comfortable with....and simply increase and stretch from there.....with an overall increase in your % raw....of perhaps 1-2% per week.......you can be fully transitioned in less than a year!

-David Mason

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 20, 2006 04:26AM

I tried Atkins once. It was awful. Felt so dehydrated and as soon as I started eating anything other than meat, the weight came back. On raw, though, the weight is fairly consistent depending on what time I eat. If I eat a heavy meal too late at night and go to bed, the weight sticks longer than when I eat a light meal or not at all.

You might consider doing a cleanse. I did the Master Cleanse (lemonade cleanse) initially before finding raw and the cleanse helped a great deal. I finished a 10 day water fast a couple of weeks ago and it seems to have helped me see things clearly in a spiritual sense.

I congratulate you on finding a healthy alternative to dieting with raw. If you are a compulsive eater, consider finding the trigger that makes you do it and overcome that trigger or channel it in other healthy ways. Also, grab raw fruit/vegetables initially until you overcome your compulsion.

Good luck.
Therese

Posted by: rooneyandmuldoon ()
Date: August 20, 2006 06:35PM

I am interested in the Master Cleanse that everyone keeps mentioning, but what is it/where do I get it or find out about it? Thanks.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 21, 2006 12:48PM

Thank you everyone for the kind responses! I began my day with a 6.2 mile run/walk, and then started in on a carrot/celery/cucumber juice mixture! Yum!! I have made up my mind to continue on this path and am now lookining into getting certified as a colon hydrotherapist! I found a new bounce in my step today and want to help as many people as I can! Thanks again for the support!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables