Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Almond Milk Neutral?
Posted by: joymaearth ()
Date: March 24, 2010 09:09PM

Is it true that almond milk is neutral in food combining and can be eaten with fruits, vegs and grains? Is mass produced almond milk considered safe compared with homemade? Thx.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Almond Milk Neutral?
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 24, 2010 09:30PM

I don't know about safe, but it will never be as fresh. Why not get a blender, nutmilk bag or strainer and make your own?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 24, 2010 11:54PM

Where did you hear that it's "neutral"? Typically, nut products aren't. but it depends on how you feel after consuming it with other things. If you feel good, OK then.

Posted by: joymaearth ()
Date: March 25, 2010 12:10AM

Reading Kathy Freston's book "The Quantum Wellness Cleanse". She writes that any nut milk is neutral and can be eaten with anything. Not sure if I believe it. I have pain in my hands, but would like to try making my own. Any ideas about help in squeezing the milk out? Thanks for replies. Anyone wish to share their recipe for almond milk? Do I need special equipment other than the nut bag? I have a Breville juice fountain, but not a HP blender.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: March 27, 2010 03:56AM

almond milk are fat, so in large quantites it will work lika a fatty product. It's dilutet, sure! It's sprouted, sure! It's better than a dry almond.

Try it and experiment how much fat you can combine.

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: March 27, 2010 02:54PM

Wouldn't mass-produced almond milk be pasteurised?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 27, 2010 04:04PM

Mass produced almond milk IS pasteurized--it comes in those aseptic boxes, like shelf-stable soup, and in cartons in the refrigerator case, like pasteurized milk. Good point, Debbie.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: March 29, 2010 06:38PM

I would think that you have to soak your almonds for a long time, possibly until they just start to sprout, which effectively turn them into a sort of vegetable, before you make them into a milk; they are thereby denaturized into a more digestible form, and mixable with all other foods.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 30, 2010 06:48PM

joymaearth,

I just saw a video with a machine (called a Soyabella) that makes nut milk where you don't have to do any squeezing. Here it is:

[www.splendorintheraw.com]

My favorite raw vegan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables