Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sugar and itchy scalp
Posted by: Juliel ()
Date: April 04, 2010 08:53AM

Hi everyone,
My husband has a very dry and itchy scalp. I'm wondering if there could be any connection between this skin condition and eating sugar, eg junk food? I'm sure all of you will say that he shouldn't be eating sugar anyway, but we're making such huge changes to our diet (and a lot of them!) that getting rid of the sugar type foods seems to be the last thing to go. We've cut all fried foods, cut out smoking, reduced coffee, increased enormously the raw foods we eat, but probably once a day he'll have some chocolate, lollies, biscuits etc. I know we both need to give them up eventually. I guess my question is that I know that sugar is not good for us but I do not know why. Neither of us need to lose weight so I can't blame it on a weight gain. Could there be any connection between the itchy scalp and indulging in foods that are not good for us? Any suggestions you can give would be much appreciated! THank you everyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sugar and itchy scalp
Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: April 04, 2010 02:30PM

Sugar leads to free radicals and inflammation, insulin resistance, canadia and bacterial growth...which produce toxins that itch, glycation...ie: complexing of proteins and sugars, breakdown of collagen and protein in the body, mineral loss, nerve sheath loss, excess adrenaline and cortisol, adrenal and thyroid exhaustion, fatigue, memory loss, disruption of intestinal flora, fermentation of stomach contents, damage to blood vessel walls and cell membranes, production of toxins like alcohol and acetylalderhide, aging and contributes to all the degenerative diseases etc... etc... etc...
Try going supergreen to compensate for sugar addiction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2010 02:33PM by Janabanana.

Re: Sugar and itchy scalp
Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: April 04, 2010 03:54PM

[www.nzherald.co.nz]

Get this, junk food has similar effects in the brain as cocaine and heroin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables