Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw chewing gum
Posted by: fruitbat55 ()
Date: August 19, 2006 11:28AM

I know, I know, chewing gum is a disgusting unnatural habit...but I thought if someone could invent a raw chewing gum...how good would that be for those of us who struggle with banana/date/avo binges???!!!...if I could pop a fresh raw mint piece of gum between meals...i know...just eat the fresh mint leaves...anyhow, if someone could invent raw gum, I would be your first customer smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw chewing gum
Posted by: Ally ()
Date: August 19, 2006 08:55PM

Dear fruitbat55,

Making a raw chewing gum would probably be pretty easy to do, except for (maybe) having to figure out some kind of natural preservative for it. Chicle is the latex from the Central American sapodilla tree and was used by the ancient Mayans for chewing gum since the 2nd century. It is still used by chewing gum manufacturers today. For a long time, it was the main ingredient in modern chewing gum (do you remember "Chiclets" chewing gum?).

Best wishes, -Ally

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2006 08:56PM by Ally.

Re: raw chewing gum
Posted by: jono ()
Date: August 20, 2006 04:54AM

you could chew on some wheat grass... ive been doing some of that lately... it turns my teeth green.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables