Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fruit - too much of a good thing?
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 07, 2010 10:37AM

I would love to live on fruit (well nearly) but in england the fruit is often unripe, very expensive and tasteless. When I get a good mango I feel like singing.

In another topic though i have read that some people say we shouldn't eat too much super sweet fruit like mango and figs.

Why is this and how does it resonnate with you.? Personally I would gorge on those kinds of fruit if I had the opportunity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fruit - too much of a good thing?
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 08, 2010 06:01PM

Eating too much of any food is not going to be healthy for anyone. But based on my personal experience, once the body has healed all the stuff that comes with the SAD diet, the body can tolerate as much sweet fruit as it can calorie wise as it could with any other food.

Each person needs to find how much sweet fruit is too much. For me, I can eat a lot of it, especially if it is very sweet and delicious.

On the other hand, people should avoid unripe fruit. And a lot of the fruit in the stores is not always ripe. Fortunately, for most of that unripe fruit, if you just let it sit in your home for some time, it will ripen.

Posted by: desert_om ()
Date: April 08, 2010 07:27PM

I've been reading Natalia Rose's Detox 4 Women and it has a program in which you let go of fruit completely while focusing on greens, then slowly reintroduce fruit back into the diet. So maybe once it has been cleansed out of our bodies, it can come back in with more benefits. Just a thought...trying a break from it and then eating it again, maybe logging how you feel energy/emotion-wise after eating fruits. I also agree with Prana that too much of anything is too much; that's been my experience. I'm new to raw foods so my body is a wee bit confused right now (lol)... and I'm definitely not an expert... but these are some ideas that come to mind.

Date: April 09, 2010 06:54AM

I cannot imagine how you get enough calories if you give up fruit and focus on greens. You must have to also eat a lot of nuts and seeds. I do not want to do this for 2 reasons. firstly they simply don't agree with me if I eat more than a few a day and also I don't want to eat that much fat.

I feel fabulous when I eat a lot of fruit both emotionally and energy wise.

Desert-om does she give a reason as to why you should let go of fruit - sounds bonkers to me smiling smiley

I'm still asking the question why some people say you should not eat too much sweet fruit. I don't mean too much in the sense that you eat more than you could possibly need calorie wise - I just mean why should you restrict sweet fruit (if you feel that you should that is!)

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 09, 2010 01:14PM

flipperjan,

Natalia Rose advocates no sweet fruit in a transition period that also uses plainly cooked fish and raw goat dairy, presumably to make up the calorie deficit. This doesn't apply to a practicing vegan raw foodist, obviously.

Date: April 09, 2010 03:38PM

ah I see - thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables