Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

-detox-
Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: August 20, 2006 07:11AM

I have definitely experienced "detox", it has come in waves seasonally and annually. Small 'healing crisis' especially during various herbal cleases, flushes, and fasting regimes. I have'nt, on the hand, ever really had a major healing crisis. I transitioned to raw slowly, stayed 100% for 2 years ('02 and '03) then became 75% raw/ 100% vegan where I am now, also eating 100% raw fruitarianish during the summers here.

My question is: How many of you have experienced major detox crisis'?

And your opinion on liver/gallbladder flushes and Colon cleanses (and out of curiousity coffee enema anyone?)

Gabriel on liver/gallbladder flushes:
"Although improving the quality of one’s diet, including replacing harmful oils with healthy ones, may help one feel better, it will not significantly help eliminate the toxic sludge in the gallbladder and bilary tract. We have seen people who, after 20 years of "no cheating" - eating an excellent diet (although their previous diet was less than ideal) - pass 40 to 60 clearly defined gallstones on their first flush. Once these gallstones form, changing the diet will not clear them. A liver/gallbladder flush is needed. The purpose of this cleanse is to clear the liver and gallbladder of toxins, “stones,” and “gravel”, and is fundamental to restoring and maintaining good health and supporting all the body’s organ systems."
[www.alivewithgabriel.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: -detox-
Posted by: juve ()
Date: August 20, 2006 09:24PM

innerveg- as you know, Ive not experienced heavy detox.

(no coffee enema for me) winking smiley

great detox artilce
Date: August 21, 2006 09:32AM

Detoxification
by David Klein, Healthful Living Educator
[www.livingnutrition.com]

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 21, 2006 10:00AM

I've experienced major detox. Depending on which episode, the symptoms were as easy as headache and as bad as major hairloss, extreme diarrhea to the point of burning, fainting, extreme cramping and release of growths via menstrual flow, extreme fatigue, etc.

The cleanses are great in moderation. I suggest parasite zapping in addition to the cleanses. I just finished a 10 day water fast 2 weeks ago to release prescription medications from my body. I plan on doing a colon, kidney, and liver cleanse.

I started 100% raw vegan 1 1/2 years ago and remained so for 3 months when I was detoxing too fast and then re-incorporated some cooked vegetarian foods. I am still modified raw vegetarian. My brown eyes are turning blue.

Therese

Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: August 21, 2006 10:29AM

Therese,

Congrads on the water fast completion! We were recently posting about parasite flushes, I think that is very important, more people have parasites then they might think.

My eyes have also changed, from a bluish greenish, to light blue

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: August 21, 2006 07:50PM

Hey, good topic.

My personal story is that I had been eating a lot more fruits and veggies for over a year when I was on the SAD diet.The I found living and raw foods. I have been about 85-95% raw for almost 2 months now. I had been going through a healing crisis with my esophagus. I had horrible acid relflux and heartburn. I can still feel my esophagus trying to regenerate itself, so it gets a little uncomfortable. (At least no more acid reflux or heartburn since going raw!)

Now, as of late, I am doing a parasite and colon cleanse. I am eliminating things that I should have years ago. Last week was the worst part of my detox. I had a fever of 101.39, headache, sore throat, body aches. After this cleanse, I will be doing more fasting in the future. (Maybe once a week or when my body tells me I need one.) I am doing a lot better this week, though than I have in a while! I think the light at the end of the tunnel is here! I am 26 years old and am 5'2" and am 95 lbs right now. So I am hoping to start puting on some raw weight and we will be going to the YMCA to work on those muscles now! (I feel I am almost ready for that, now.)

Posted by: chilove ()
Date: August 23, 2006 04:31PM

I didn't experience anything major, some cold like symptoms and some headaches. I feel that cleanses and flushes are very unnatural and harsh to the body. Eating a simple raw vegan diet of mostly fruit will be very cleansing and is natural and gentle. I don't feel like we need to do more, unless you wanted to do an extended water fast, which of course, needs to be supervised by a professional.

All the best,

Audrey
www.rawhealing.com

Posted by: The Vej ()
Date: August 24, 2006 12:56AM

chilove agreed. Fasting is ok but eatting crazy stuff to make your body do weird things can't be good lol.

Date: August 24, 2006 02:06AM

chilove,

>>I feel that cleanses and flushes are very unnatural and harsh to the body.

that's true, but who was raised perfectly "natural"?

Also unnatural is a lifetime of cooked foodstuff, rubbery mucus lining the colon, parasites, toxic build-up in the liver, gall and kidney stones etc...

rawfood alone will not always rid these things, a combination of fasting, rawfoods, and harsh herbs, can help. You know every rawfood is a little toxic. Sometimes we may need more medicinal (toxic) food, sometimes not (mild food, fruit etc.) Even animals self medicate. I recommend a book called Wild Health by Cindy Ingrim

the raw-truth is harsh sometimes, you know, not always peaches and flowers

LOVE

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 24, 2006 05:24AM

i'm trying to understand detox, and how long it actually takes...i've had some symptoms that people speak about: headaches, fatigue, body aches, but i'm still waiting to see some changes in my skin...right now I'm getting a lot of bumps, and little rashes, but i got those with cooked foods too!? I've been nearly 100% raw for nearly two weeks, only occassionally eating some cooked vegan foods...did eat some bread and felt like crap the next day and had major sugar cravings, so i guess i won't do that again...any input on personal expeiences/knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

In joy!

Posted by: Little Bug ()
Date: August 24, 2006 04:17PM

Detox lasts the rest of your life. The worst of it, a couple of years or so depending on how old you are and how sick you were (if at all) before going raw. Or that's my experience at least. I was shocked like everybody else is when it dawned on me how toxic I really was. I had no idea.

I didn't know Gabriel felt that way about liver flushes. I had been vegan (rarely cheating) for 15 years and raw vegan for 2 years when I did a series of liver flushes and I got out stones. Not that many compared to stories I've heard, but they were there.

J.

Posted by: humbug ()
Date: August 24, 2006 08:39PM

why do your eyes change colour?
Dawn

Date: August 24, 2006 11:23PM

Common Reasons Why
Your Vegetarian Diet Isn't Working

[www.beyondveg.com]

One Man's Meat Is
Another Woah-man's Poison

[www.beyondveg.com]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL.

So much BS flying around!!!

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 25, 2006 08:23AM

Innerveg, Thanks. Congrats on your eye color change! Very cool!

Dawn, Raw foodists' eyes change color due to removal of toxins/parasites from the body and being in good health. I've heard that everyone is born with blue or green eyes and any other color is due to getting away from the pure state with which one is born.

Ingridm, I agree with LittleBug. Health is a lifetime commitment and detox is an ongoing process as environmental factors and such continue to affect us. For example, aluminum has been found to cause cancer and yet it is still prevalent in underarm antiperspirants/deodorants. Before becoming raw, I had already switched to Crystal deodorant and being raw I use none. However, I still had to do a soak to rid my body of heavy metals.

Best wishes,
Therese

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 25, 2006 09:21AM

hey black russian

is that your site?

read it

i dig it

Date: August 25, 2006 01:59PM

About the eyes. Yes, both my children were born with blue eyes, and the older one has gone green now. However, I'm not sure if this argument is flawed. For instance, my brother has blue eyes and eats loads of junk food, while I eat healthily and my eyes are greeny brown. Surely some people just have blue eyes and others brown.

Am I missing something? It will be interesting to see if my eyes go blue after a bit longer on raw food. I have dark brown hair and dark skin.

Dawn

Posted by: Arvydas ()
Date: August 26, 2006 04:56PM

life101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Innerveg, Thanks. Congrats on your eye color
> change! Very cool!
>
> Dawn, Raw foodists' eyes change color due to
> removal of toxins/parasites from the body and
> being in good health. I've heard that everyone is
> born with blue or green eyes and any other color
> is due to getting away from the pure state with
> which one is born.

So brown eyes are "toxic"? Does that not seem a little racist?

So many people "hear" things and pass it on, and then other people "hear" it, and do the same, and pretty soon false information spreads all over the place. Please at least cite you sources if you're going to say that brown eyes are unnatural.

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: August 26, 2006 06:11PM

I think that is a little absurd. I had blue eyes all of my life on the SAD diet. And what about other races? It just sounds stupid that "blue eyes" should be every person's eye color.

Date: August 27, 2006 05:46PM

Yes, I think racist was the word I was looking for, but was afraid I had somehow misinterpreted earlier posts.

However, I've just done a search on "eyes" in the raw food article, and there is some quite interesting writing on this. It seems to say the eyes, whatever colour, become clearer, rather than necessarily lighter, which I suppose makes sense.

By the way, I don't particularly want blue eyes - I think I'd look quite odd with dark brown hair and quite dark skin, but I'm always amazed at the big transformations raw food can bring about.

Dawn

Date: August 28, 2006 11:52AM

hey black russian

is that your site?

read it

i dig it

--------------------------------------------------------------

Nope - just found it funny/ true

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables