Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

digestive enzymes v systemic enzymes
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: August 22, 2006 05:12PM

Do any of you take enzymes?
I got sick after taking digestive enzymes with my raw food (cos it wasn't being properly digested I thought). Someone suggested it could be over stimulating the body (?).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: digestive enzymes v systemic enzymes
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 24, 2006 12:58AM

Yes Rosemary,

I take Zymitol, which is made by one of the originators of Vitalzym. It is a powerful, systemic enzyme formula. I also use digestive enzymes from [www.e3live.com] but not all the time.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: juve ()
Date: August 24, 2006 01:47AM

what kind of digestive enzymes did you take?

try taking your enzymes in water before or after meals (not with meals)

*drink plenty of water while taking enzymes

if you still feel sick dont take it

let us know how it goes

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 24, 2006 02:59AM

You can become addicted it digestive enzymes. The more you use them, the more your body will depend upon them. This is because since the digestive enzymes will be coming from the supplements, the body doesn't need to create them any more. After a while, the body will cease to produce them altogether.

While this is a great situation for the people who sell digestive enzymes, is this what you want for yourself, a permanent addiction to a product you need to buy just to digest food?

If you want to improve digestion, learn the food combining rules. If your digestion is really weak, look at mono eating. Things that also impair digestion is being tired from lack of sleep and rest, not being hungry, experiencing strong emotions.

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: August 25, 2006 04:29PM

many thanks...maybe it was a coinkidink that I became ill after taking digestive enzymes. They gave me diarreah (not exact spelling, but hey)

I can't work out why I became ill suddenly. It has been 2 1/2 weeks now. sad smiley

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 26, 2006 07:46PM

I take zymitol. They are systemic enzymes. I also use e3live enzymes too. I'd love to know where Bryan gets all his info. I've never heard of anyone becoming addicted to digestive or systemic enzymes in my life. If that happens it's probably because your enzyme level is so depleted that your body must have them.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables