Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what are your thoughts on probiotics?
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: May 22, 2010 10:06AM

curious to know who takes them, and what you all think of them. don't know much on it, but they are becoming increasingly popular it seems.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what are your thoughts on probiotics?
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: May 22, 2010 11:20AM

I started making my own in the form of Kombucha tea & water Kefir. I will drink at least 8 oz. daily.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 22, 2010 11:59AM

I take them if I've been eating more cooked food(like at the holidays) or after an illness where my digestion's been off. I truly believe that if you've ever been on a long course of medication, especially, but not limited to, antibiotics, you might need to supplement with something initially in addition to a clean fruity/greeny diet. I cannot tolerate the amount of kombucha I'd need to drink to restore good gut health : )

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: May 23, 2010 03:00PM

I credit them for strengthening my immune system before and after raw. I likely will always take them on and off especially since the ones made with Saccharomyces Boulardii or Cerevisiae contain Vitamin B12 & other hard-to-get nutrients. Make sure you use a high quality, organic non-dairy one.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: May 23, 2010 07:17PM

im not very fond of the capsulated or powder probiotics they do little to no good, most have been sitting in hot warehouses rather than being refridgerated and so on.

but making up your own fermented foods such as kefir(milk/water etc), sauerkraut, cultured veggies, kombucha is brilliant for health especially for restoring the good flora.

remember you also have to feed the flora via fibres, good sources are rice bran, oat bran, seaweeds, inulin, FOS etc.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 24, 2010 07:44PM

We eat a little bit of sauerkraut wach day (raw, unsalted, no intense sugar). I've taken probiotics when I've had no choice but to take an antibiotic. Then I've taken ultimate floro critical care, to repop my gut. Otherwise I trust my system will make use of the sauerkraut.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: May 25, 2010 11:01AM

just make sure its homemade, the store bought stuff is usually bunk with little to now good bacteria left and contans preservetives.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables