Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Magic Wand anybody?
Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: May 23, 2010 09:15PM

I have all the 'symptoms' of a full body rash, but nothing to see. Itching, irritation, etc I have had it for 7 days now.

This time last year i had these symptoms for 5 weeks after being exposed to a toxic substance at work. It drove me nuts!

I have obviously avoided the product since then.
These symptoms are exactly the same, but thankfully milder, yet none the less tricky to deal with.

I think it may be a deeper level cleansing of the toxic substance encountered last year.

Im 90-95% raw, mainly fruit , salad nuts , sprouted seeds. The 5-10% is composed of steamed/ baked veggies and occasional organic wheat free cereal. I have maintained this for over 6 months now.

I have noticed that 5/6 months total or very high raw often presents difficulty for me. Im determined to get through this without comfort eating cooked again. luckily, cooked no longer holds the same attraction as it once did for me, but there still are a few comfort foods that could tempt!

I have noticed that bereavement and illness/ detox are always the most tricky times for me.

I have increased my yoga, exercise and water intake and juices. Im not sleeping well, because of the itching and the hot weather that we presently have here in the uk.
I have taken some homeopathic remedies which may be easing the irritation.

Oh yes, I took some piriton (antihistamine)in desperation, as i still have to work.
The symptoms immediately became worse. So im possibly allergic to this medication too! the Dr prescribed it when i was ill last year, so maybe it prolonged the symptoms rather than alleviating them!
Multi allergies led me to raw, so i should not be that surprised!

Anyone have a magic wand that they might wish to wave in my direction?

I could really do with a break from this now!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Magic Wand anybody?
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: May 23, 2010 09:50PM

I have read that you can soak in a cool oatmeal bath to relieve itching symptoms...don't know if that would help you or not...

Re: Magic Wand anybody?
Date: May 23, 2010 11:26PM

Have you tried a weekend of water or juice fasting? Bathing only with water (no soaps etc) and eliminating all possible sources of toxins (detergent, perfumes etc). Could also try changing your bed linen in case of a mite allergy.

Allergies suck sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables