Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

menopause
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 24, 2010 07:41PM

Hi, all,

Are there any long term raw fooders who have experience with how this diet effects menopause? does it delay it, diminsh symptoms? I've found that the longer I've been raw, the lighter and shorter my periods are. Wondered about your experiences with menopause.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: menopause
Posted by: Sunberry ()
Date: May 25, 2010 04:22PM

I am 55 yrs old and have been high raw for around 3 1/2 years. I continued to get hot fashes when I went raw as I recall but they were not as nearly as intense as before raw and a lot less frequent.

As with all my bodily complaints/illnesses switching to raw vegan totally changed the landscape of my health. I can still hardly believe the changes myself.

Re: menopause
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: May 26, 2010 10:47AM

one of the best things you can do whilst going through menopause is to use digestive bitters. Bitter herbs when they come in contact with the back of the tongue stimulate the bitter receptors which in turn stimulate the vagus nerve to release stomach acid, pancreatic enzymes, bile secreation and provide a flushing/cleansing action to the liver.

this cleansing of the liver allows the liver to metabolize excess hormones better resulting in hormonal balance.

vitamin b group from natural sources such as rice bran, seaweeds, nettle leaf etc are good as they also help the liver break down excess hormones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables