Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Grey(ing) hair...
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: June 02, 2010 10:14AM

The Christian take on hair might be "why worry". The Old Testament (Jewish) view maybe "all is vanity". That said the male side of my family is fairly obsessed with hair. My brothers marvel that I have hair and the color of it.. must be all those carrots winking smiley and think I don't have grey hairs but there are some, a salt and pepper beard if I let it grow and a few at my side burns.

I like the Discovery article about the body's natural hydrogen peroxide causing grey/white hairs. That's an oxidant, I guess, so catalase (and antioxidants) sound like reasonable things to enhance.

Pink flamingos get their color in part from the beta carrotene found in blue green algea. I wonder if their feathers turn back to white as they age or if they stay pink because of all the natural foods.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 02, 2010 10:24AM

Hey, Horsea...

i don't know you

so i have no interest in being unkind to you

i meant exactly what i said

but i did not mean it unkindly

just a matter of factly

like " the sky is blue"

its really up to you, how you take it

i have no control over that

when i wrote that, i had ZERO feelings of unkindness towards you

it was more like stating what i felt in general

if you want to argue the point further

the buck will have to stop with you

because i've said my part clearly and plainly

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 02, 2010 06:11PM

Hi, all - I find that when I eat fruit (of any type), I get more grey hairs. Eating, less, I don't. And current ones go away. I think it has to do with blood sugar levels spiking.

CW

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 02, 2010 06:29PM

Angelpie: The Board of Trade will do that to you, too! I think that there must be some truth to the PABA thingie because I have heard it more than once and if Ann Wigmore drank rejuvelac and it turned her hair back to black, it probably had B vitamins in its fermented stage. And isn't it made with the soaking water of wheat berries, too? Maybe there is the smoking gun (or the sprouting gun)...

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: June 03, 2010 07:27AM

La V: You said to me, and I quote:

"make yourself an example
of whatever religious or spiritual tenet you are attracted to
and stop trying to figure all this abstruse stuff out concerning why people are behaving this or that way"

Really. Who are you to tell someone "Stop trying" this or that.
Or "make yourself an example, etc."

I don't give orders to anybody, so why are you doing this.
Maybe I have an "inquiring mind" and I like figuring out "abstruse stuff" concerning all sorts of matters. I just made a few observations about why Christianity is hard on Christians.

Just put me on "Ignore".

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 03, 2010 12:09PM

the difference here is that your observations where based on no real research or experience with the religion, you definitely never read a bible, cause any christian who really believed the way you where talking about them, you wouldve known by comparing what the bible says, and how they where acting, happened to be at odds...God calls us to be joyful...not to suffer...

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: June 03, 2010 04:31PM

Curator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ........God calls us to
> be joyful...not to suffer...
I don't know how to break this to you,
but 'God doesn't care what we do'....loosely
quoted from "Conversations With God", by
Neale Donald Walsch.
P.S. This topic sure has diverted from Grey(ing) Hair.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: Sunberry ()
Date: June 03, 2010 06:59PM

Notwithstanding the super spiritually evolved "humans" who led so many, Christ, Buddha to name two biggies, I think of it this way.

"God" is inside of us, not ouside and is not separate from us. Where would "God" be if there were no humans? As to what exactly "God" is well the easiest way to understand what is meant by that term for me is "God" is "love" in it's biggest and broadest sense. "God" is love and a living energy (though I'm sure others could do better at describing "God" and "spirit"winking smiley. Phew big topic.

Walsch is right in a sense that "God" doesn't care but that does not mean that there is no caring in the universe.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 03, 2010 07:10PM

Erm, so, back to graying hair: I read on a website today(alas, I cannot remember which one; it was at 7 a.m.) that B12 deficiency can result in premature graying of hair. Have you been tested, banana who?

Date: June 03, 2010 07:12PM

Wow. No, I have not. I still drink fortified soymilk, but I am wondering if soy has ageing properties. Seem to have heard something about that, at least in regards to Altzheimer's.

Date: June 03, 2010 07:30PM

banana who,

According to some sources, the B12 in unfermented soy is an analogue that cannot be utilized as true B12. As far as soy goes, I used to consume a lot of it, even the fermented "safe" kind, and it ended up being not so great a regimen. I feel much better now that I consume no soy whatsoever, which is weird.

Date: June 03, 2010 08:05PM

Thanks. I am leaning more and more against it, especially because of how ubiquitous it is in vegetarian diets. I have made nut mylk before and I'll have to start again. It's really not that hard to make but I guess I am so used to the taste of the soy. But I think my thyroid is a bit slow and I have heard things about them using soy and corn to fatten up cows, sooo...makes sense to me! I made some pumpkin seed mylk that was delicious. It was sweetened with dates and the price was comparable to soy so I will probably be doing that more often. Almonds are hard to get raw and they are labor-intensive with all the de-skinning, long soaks...

Date: June 03, 2010 08:19PM

Tamukha Wrote:
> According to some sources, the B12 in unfermented
> soy is an analogue that cannot be utilized as true
> B12.
Don't go into Cardiac Arrest over the price, but I
bought a bottle of B12 tablets from Brian Clement's AliveRaw
store. They are soil-based....WY

[www.aliveraw.com]

Date: June 03, 2010 08:26PM

WY,

Eh, that's about 200 servings, so I guess it's not that expensive. I just wonder why Dr. Clement deviates from accepted prescription that the best metabolized source is a sublingual supplement, huh?

Date: June 05, 2010 02:28AM

hey tamukha

can u expound? on

1) best product
2) why it is so?

i must have missed something in between the gaps

then again, i didn't read WY's post yet

anyhooo... gottta feeling i'd still like to hear more about analogues to B-=12, sublingual supplements

yay or nay

and why

you're good at thatsmiling smiley

Date: June 05, 2010 11:51AM

la_veronique,

If you are asking about best source for B12, I have heard/read that the sublingual form is metabolized better because it digest via saliva and bypasses the harsh acid in the stomach. That's why I'm wondering why Dr. Clement, in WY's link, sells a tablet form.

Date: June 08, 2010 06:11PM

hi Tamukha

can you recommend a company brand or anything where u had good results?

did u notice anything?

Date: June 08, 2010 08:20PM

la_veronique,

In the past, I have used Heaven Sent Naturals brand sublingual B12 and it did help, but after taking it for several weeks, at least. One dose has 2000 mcg, which is typical, and also small amounts of biotin, B6, Vitamin C and folic acid. Don't know what the source of it is, btw.

Date: June 10, 2010 09:21PM

o okay

interesting

Date: June 14, 2010 01:24PM

Getting back to Hair, some of you may want to try Tonya Zavasta's 'Violet Ray'. Check out her video. I'm going to order one today.....WY

[www.beautifulonraw.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 14, 2010 03:39PM

Us in the raw food movement have historically tended to focus our attention on personal experiences but have any of us stopped to consider that the raw food movement does more for humanity as a whole which in turn benefits us personally. Can you image if everyone were to have a shift in consciousness that gave direction to Living Principles - our society would transform into one that is driven towards creating social constructs in the best interest of ALL OF LIFE ;-) I feel that holistically a raw food diet brings humanity back into alignment with the Universal Principles of Life by changing how we interact with each other and Creation in general. Living foods right from the plant - A conscious shift towards Life - just what we've all been looking for ;-)

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: June 15, 2010 04:34AM

I wrote an article on greying/graying(!) of hair a while back and have just updated it.

[debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com]

Date: June 15, 2010 08:00PM

debbietook Wrote:
> I wrote an article on greying/graying(!) of hair a
> while back and have just updated it.
>
> [debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com]
> 1_archive.html

That's very interesting, Debbie! Thanks for that. I know two avid meat eaters who are between 55-60 and have very dark hair with no grey. So annoying given my greys! But I am curious about the coffee/sugar implications as I consume both of these substances...I am also pumped about the possibility of green smoothies coming to the rescue. Especially since I cannot go there with wheatgrass, LOL. Interesting about melanin because I have an olive complexion and it seems that when I look at pics when I was a kid, I used to get very dark. Now, if I am in the Sun all summer I get bronzed or brown but not as dark. And my hair has also changed to contain red highlights and lighter brown in spots!

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: June 22, 2010 07:00PM

I noticed my first gray hairs at 10. I'm now in my 30s and have more gray than brown. I'm considering dying it (again) because I find it mildly irritating for strangers to keep commenting on it.

I think of it more as a symptom than a problem. A headache can be caused by being hit in the head, an aneurysm, stress, dehydration, a hangover, or so many other issues, I think the same is true of premature gray hair. So, it's hard to find a 'cure' because the causes are so varied.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables