Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I am full of questions! Water bottles this time...
Posted by: Jesaroj ()
Date: August 23, 2006 03:38PM

I am wondering what the safest drink container is. I have always been a bit freaked out by plastic, and especially now after all the knowledge I've recently gained about they way things are produced and the utter lack of care that the government has with human health. I found some stainless steel water bottles that I'm thinking about getting for my children and I'm wondering if those are the best? Also, if they are non-reactive with water, are they also fine to use for nut milks/smoothies? Thanks!

~Jessica

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I am full of questions! Water bottles this time...
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: August 23, 2006 05:05PM

I use Sigg water bottles. They're great -- I use them for water. I have left full containers of water in my hot car for as much as a month and the water tasted as fresh as when I poured it. They're metal lined with a non-reactive lining.

Posted by: juve ()
Date: August 23, 2006 06:53PM

stainless steel, glass, and certain polycarbonate plastice
[www.realgoods.com]

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: August 23, 2006 07:20PM

Klean Kanteen is what we use!

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: August 23, 2006 08:26PM

Which polycarbonate plastics are safe? From what I've read, they all leach/off-gas bisphenol A, although this is susposed to be a levels below what the government claims is safe. I'm not too fussy about plastic, but if I was buying a water bottle specifically to avoid chemical leaching from plastics I would avoid ploycarbonate as well.

Ian.

Date: August 23, 2006 09:01PM

I can taste plastic from all the bottles. The Sigg bottles are lined with a special durable enamel (glass).

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 24, 2006 12:47AM

Klean Kanteen is the way to go.

[www.kleankanteen.com]

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: juve ()
Date: August 24, 2006 02:25AM

i have a new wave stainless steel bottle and love it
[www.egeneralmedical.com]

Klean kanteen look good too! (and have been mentioned here about a million times)
[www.kleankanteen.com]

smiling smiley

Date: August 26, 2006 07:48PM

Juve,

Klean Kanteen supplies them with their water bottles. They don't make them. They just buy a large quantity and have them branded with their name on the bottles which KK will do.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: August 27, 2006 01:16AM

I tried Kleen Kanteen and I could taste the metal in it. BLech.

Date: August 27, 2006 03:43PM

greenie,

Yes, you can for the first few times. However, I rinsed mine out with white acv and water and it was fine after doing this a few times. Remember, it's stainless steel. However, I'd rather taste metal for a day or so while I'm conditioning a water bottle than to drink water from a plastic bottle knowing that all the nasty chemicals are seeping from the plastic into my body.

Marcos

Date: August 27, 2006 08:50PM

rawmark,

I don't use plastic either. I use the Sigg, which is lined with glass (enamel) and has no taste. I've tried cleaning the stainless steel, but I can still taste it. Kinda sensitive that way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables