Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What I'm Eating...Review Please
Posted by: Casy ()
Date: August 23, 2006 05:56PM

As I said before in my last post; new to raw food. I AM HORRIFIED that Hormones and toxins are in the fruit I WAS eating...I didnt eat organic and I just bought apples regular from Safeway...I feel sick hearning this...Im mad too that MONEY is the only thing on these peoples minds, not the health of America. Well I am now going raw and am wondering if what I ate will result in weight gain (not trying to gain by the way) I ate celery with crazy richards peanut butter, 1 tb. and two flax seed crackers.........

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What I'm Eating...Review Please
Posted by: juve ()
Date: August 23, 2006 07:26PM

what are asking, for a review?

dont worry about the past.

celery is the best, flax is awesome and peanut butter has some issues (not a huge problem), maybe try almond butter instead its more nutritious. just a thought.
other than that eat what feels right, fruit, greens etc... if you have questions ask

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 24, 2006 12:33AM

Hi Casy,

Its great that you are paying attention to organic. Organic celery is great. The Crazy Richard's peanut butter is a cooked product, so that is not a good item for a raw foodists. If you want a nut butter, almond butters can be found raw. Peanut butter is never (or rarely) raw because peanuts have a toxin called aflatoxin that comes from mold that grows on the peanuts.

Flax seeds crackers are a fine transition food, but they will dehydrate your body. Also, flax is hard to digest.

In general, look at increasing the percentage of whole fresh ripe raw organic fruits and vegetables in your diet.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 24, 2006 05:32AM

What do we do about availability? I have read some foods are very important to eat only organic ie. apples, grapes...but what if organic is not a choice? I've also read some raw foodist lit that says sometimes you just have to get what you can and wash it with soap?? what's the take on this. It's such a dilemma when looking in the grocery store for good food to feed my child ( she won't do a lot of raw, but we are working on it...) and I find "natural chicken broth with some salt and herbs for over $4 a carton and the swanson GMO chicken broth has about 12 ingredients, 8 of which I can't read and its' a little over $2!!! It's amazing what our freedom loving government will subsidize!!!!! I am flabbergasted over what I now know about grains, and what I llike to call "the great grain lie." I hope that as we all grow and evolve within our food culture that we can begin to make changes within our communities and the planet that push us back toward a more natural way of living in the world..but if we don't then we will truly destroy ourselves...so many people still have so few choices when it comes to food in it's natural statesad smiley(

In joy (and hopesmiling smiley)

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 24, 2006 06:08AM

If organic is not a choice, because of non-availability, there is not much you can do except move somewhere else.

If it is an economic barrier, the only thing that is going to bring down the price of organic foods is to create a greater supply, and that only comes from a greater demand. If there is no demand for organics, there will be no supply.

Eating raw commercial produce will always be healthier than eating cooked commercial produce. If all your food is whole, fresh, ripe, and raw fruits and vegetables, you will have better health than people eating foods that are not whole, not fresh, not ripe, not raw, and not fruits and vegetables.

If you have a yard, plant a garden and grow your own organic fruits and vegetables.

If there is an empty lot in your area, you might inquire about starting a community garden. Or perhaps there already is one in your community.

You can also grow foods in planters and pots in your yard.

There is also sprouting, though sprouts are not the ideal food as they don't have that many calories and many sprouts have toxins (a natural protection from being eaten by animals).

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 25, 2006 08:46PM

You should know that foods labeled organic are not always. There was an investigation last year in 21 states that showed 75 fruits and vegatables labled organic were not organic at all. Over half had more pesticides than conventional produce. You really have to have your produce tested. And the investigation was not done by the FDA or anyone trying to squelch organic. It was spearheaded by an organic farmers association. The culprits ranged from large to small farms and the food was sold in regular grocery stores, co-ops, and health food stores.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 25, 2006 10:16PM

that is true
that's why a person needs faaaar more than the right kindsa food
to combat all that is going on
nowadays

don't know WHAT yer getting
oh well
shrug

never a dull moment these days
is there?

zzzzzzzzzzooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables