Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

phytic acid concern with raw food
Posted by: veganicity ()
Date: June 04, 2010 08:04AM

I need some advice my friends!

I have read so much on phytates in raw grains and legumes etc. I am vegan and try to eat raw as much of the time as i can. But i am severely anaemic and need to absorb as much iron and calcium as i possibly can (because although still in twenties, i am at risk of osteoporosis).

There is so much bad press on phytates ingibiting mineral absorption. I eat all the grains - wheat, oat rye spelt quinoa millet etc and all the legumes - chickpeas etc etc. Ive started using hemp instead of soybean but how on earth can i ensure the phytates do not reduce my calcium levels so i can obtain maximum absorbtion of these essential minerals?

Thanks guys,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phytic acid concern with raw food
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 04, 2010 04:46PM

Sprouting grains helps, but the thing that jumps out at me instantly is that you don't mention what volume of calcium- and iron-rich greens your diet has.

Re: phytic acid concern with raw food
Posted by: RaysofLight ()
Date: June 04, 2010 07:41PM

[livingfoodvillage.com]

[livingfoodvillage.com]

"They" recommend about 10-18 mg per day of iron.If something is unbalanced, you need to look at everything and how it is related, and imbalance is not one thing as many have been accustomed to believing.
You must treat your "whole" self. My salad for Life has everything a body needs to be healthy, happy and satiated.
Iron rich foods Iron content RDA %
Thyme ground 124mg 688% *
Curry Powder 58mg 321% *
Oat & Wheat Bran 45mg 250% *
Cinnamon ground 38mg 210% *
Garam Masala 33mg 183% *
Rosemary 30mg 167% *

Click on the link above, a lot of good information.
Please, feel free to pass this information on to all you know and help shed the light.

In Love, Light and Health,
Kelly

"Let Food Be Your Medicine and Medicine Be Your Food"~Hippocrates
~Living and Raw Foods Coach & Theta Healer
Balancing Mind, Body and Spirit
http//www.livingfoodvillage.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables