Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I'm TRYING to like green smoothies but...
Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: June 19, 2010 09:44PM

Delicious Celery Smoothies:

Banana
Celery
Optional: Dates

Celery
Dates
Water

2-3 Bananas
1 cup Berries
2 Celery stalks
1-2 cups Water

1 Romaine head
4 Celery stalks
2 Apples
2 Pears
1-2 Bananas
½ Lemon Juice
1 ½ cups Water

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mindy ()
Date: June 20, 2010 01:41PM

Well, since we're talking about celery soup... Have I got a great celery soup recipe! I loved this during my transition period, and still have it every once in a while. If anybody makes it, let me know what you think.

Sesame seed milk (see recipe below)
3 cups chopped organic celery
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon agave nectar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Celtic sea salt to taste if desired

Put all ingredients in a high-speed blender, blend on highest speed for 2-3 minutes until nice and warm.

I make the sesame seed milk just prior to making the soup:

1/4 cup sesame seeds (with hulls if you want extra calcium)
2 cups water

Blend on high for a minute or two, then strain through a nut-milk bag. Rinse out blender before making soup.

Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: June 20, 2010 05:46PM

Just made the best green smoothie I have had to date. I used about a cup of sunflower milk, 1/2 pound spinach, 1/4 of a cantaloupe, and a nice ripe banana. No spinach taste at all not that spinach taste is a bad thing. But for someone trying to acclimate to green smoothies/juice it could be good.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 20, 2010 06:07PM

blackberries help me allot too, cant taste anything else but the blackberries, however, the seeds from normal blackberries are annoying, which is why im sad that im out of mountain berries, those things are awesome, tiny little really sweet blackberries and you cant even notice the seeds...

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: June 25, 2010 09:54PM

For some reason Celery and Spinach seems to still be the easist for me to handle. I could get the lettuce down but..yuck.

Found somewhat of a solution. I went to Panera Bread.. they have these super fat straws. I've never seen them anywhere else. They made it easier to get down. I ordered a few ice waters just to get the straws. Didn't drink the chlorine ice though. LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2010 09:54PM by BackAgain.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: June 25, 2010 10:51PM

Also, I tried pouring it through a strainer first..and kind of got the same feeling I do from drinking juice. But there was too much wet pulp in the strainer which doesn't make it worth it if I am throwing away a bunch of nutrients.

Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: June 26, 2010 12:17AM

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and grab a pack of paint strainer bags. They are these huge nylon fine mesh bags very similar to nut milk bags. You can get 2 in a pack for like $3. Blend your greens in the blender then over a large bowl pour the stuff into the bag and squeeze the smoothie until you get all the juice out. Takes a few minutes but leaves a very dry pulp and gives you lots of juice.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables