Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

phytates
Posted by: veganicity ()
Date: June 10, 2010 05:44PM

I really need help...ive heard that phytates in many vegan foods cause the inhibition of calcium and many other mineral absorbtion. I am very concerned about this as i am very much in need of all the minerals i can get at the moment due to my body being quite low in them. Phytates are in many things...chickpeas, peas, and nuts etc. So how would raw foodists get around that? So many raw food recipes use nuts for example.....raw!?? ! How can i ensure the nutrients from the foods i eat are absorbed?
Thanks my friends

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phytates
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 10, 2010 06:19PM

Eat a variety of foods, follow proper food combining principles, chew your food very thoroughly, don't drink liquids with foods (you can have a small amount). Track your intake on fitday.com or a similar website.

Did you worry about this when you were eating a less healthy diet? Keep in mind that what you are eating now is undoubtably better for you and more nutrient dense and therefore less to worry about. Stress is denutrifying (pretty sure I made that word up, heh).

Re: phytates
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 13, 2010 05:28AM

just eat foods that have a LOT of calcium

like kale
and broccoli for example

you are right
plants are into self defense ( like humans and other critters)

so they will exude chemicals to ward off other predator/pathogens

that being the case

do what coco says smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables