Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cirrhosis of Liver
Posted by: joymaearth ()
Date: June 10, 2010 10:31PM

My brother has just been diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. He is not a raw food eater but will try some supplements & smoothie drinks in good faith as he has witnessed my overall health improvement from 80/10/10. Please give any info or links about such help. Thanks. I am very, very worried for him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cirrhosis of Liver
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 11, 2010 01:15AM

High greens, and as liquid as possible. Also, milk thistle, milk thistle, milk thistle! Something with at least 200 mg of sylmarin(the detoxifying chemical in milk thistle) 3x daily. Lastly, don't know what caused the cirrhosis, but anything that toxifies the liver--alcohol, dairy, smoking, animal protein, excess starchy carbs, should be eliminated.

Date: June 11, 2010 10:43PM

Thank you for the info. I wasn't aware of the importance of milk thistle and ingredients.

Posted by: gz ()
Date: June 12, 2010 11:26PM

Get him going on green smoothies and milk thistle for sure. I'm not sure what the most effective method of using milk thistle is, but I really enjoy the taste of milk thistle tea, its fairly mild. Perhaps you could make big batches, chill them in the fridge, and use them as a base for smoothies.

If you can get him consuming ginger, turmeric, cardamom, ginseng, and reishi mushroom, it certainly couldn't hurt.

Date: June 16, 2010 09:15PM

I found milk thistle in the U.K. and sent for it. (capsule or tablet) I couldn't find any in the U.S. with 200 mg of sylmarin. If anyone knows of a source stateside, pls let me know. It is strange that it only costs $3.54 USD to ship it from England yet all my other shipping stateside costs upwards of $6.oo USD. I appreciate all the replies.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 16, 2010 11:32PM

joymaearth,

Nature's Answer makes a tincture that has 2,000 mgs milk thistle extract[sylmarin]. This is a high therapeutic dose. It would probably be easier to ship something dry, however.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables