Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

my wife wants me to go to a rehab smiling smiley
Posted by: rab ()
Date: June 11, 2010 12:38PM

I have been on raw food since Jan. 31st and my wife is really worried about me. I have lost weight (still 15-20lb above my ideal weight) and she thinks I will get ill not eating "properly". She thinks that what I am doing is a type of anorexia and that it should be treated.

...it must be some funny type of anorexia, since I can eat a whole watermelon, or a few pounds of grapes etc. smiling smiley

(Imagine a horror move: a rehab where they teach you to eat "normal" food again...ugh)

My wife's remarks just make me laugh, she calls me a "skeleton", "Ethiopian" (because of the slim runners from there), "my little husband" (192lb) etc. smiling smiley))

I have never felt better, though. I do need to workout more, even though my running has improved greatly (5-7 km daily, in the heat), but one can expect that from an Ethiopian smiling smiley))

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: my wife wants me to go to a rehab smiling smiley
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 11, 2010 12:48PM

192??? skinny? are you like 6'8" or my height, and heavily muscled? lol... hmmm, who knows, maybe she is a chubby chaser, only women that like me after I stopped working out,lol... im down to 180 now though 5'8" although I think allot of that was from muscle loss. Maybe if take your wife to a Dr appointment with you, and let her witness the Doc telling you that your perfectly healthy...?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 11, 2010 01:16PM

Here's an interesting article for you to read
[www.rawfreedomcommunity.info]

If you want to go to a healthy rehab there is always the Hippocrates Institute in Florida. It's expensive but if you splurge and take your wife along she might jump on the healthy band wagon, you never know.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 11, 2010 03:19PM

Unless rab is Guiness Record Book tall, his height: weight ratio isn't bad. Let's assume his wife is kidding. I hope.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 11, 2010 04:09PM

Here is Amy Winehouse's "Rehab" Video
and here are the lyrics

This is how u outta handle the situation. Just croon it a little. Shake it a little and everything will be just finesmiling smiley

Rehab lyrics

They tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no'
Yes I've been black but when I come back you'll know know know
I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine
He's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go go go

I'd rather be at home with Ray
I ain't got seventy days
Cause there's nothing
There's nothing you can teach me
That I can't learn from Mr Hathaway

I didn't get a lot in class
But I know it don't come in a shot glass

The man said 'why do you think you here'
I said 'I got no idea
I'm gonna, I'm gonna lose my baby
so I always keep a bottle near'
He said 'I just think your depressed,
kiss me here baby and go rest'

I don't ever wanna drink again
I just ooh I just need a friend
I'm not gonna spend ten weeks
have everyone think I'm on the mend

It's not just my pride
It's just 'til these tears have dried

Date: June 11, 2010 04:33PM

ROFLMAO LV I seriously considered posting that myself,lol... great minds huh?lol

Date: June 11, 2010 08:58PM

Thanks for the tips and suggestions - when I meet Denis Rodman in the rehab, and he asks me what I am on, I will just say: "fruit". hehe smiling smiley))))))

I am 183cm tall (6'0"winking smiley, medium frame. When my wife met me, 8 years ago, I wore size 34 pants. Meanwhile I went to a size 38 being tight and my wife trying to tell me to go to size 40. Now 36 is very comfortable, but cannot wear 34 comfortably yet (I don't like tight pants).

My opinion is that she does not like the cultural separation, I don't eat her food anymore, and she is scared of the unknown. I tried to explain this, but it does not really work.
I do look skinny compared to the recent past, though, and maybe because I lost the weight so quickly, it was a sudden change.

Now, about the rehab she was half serious, but I took it as a hilarious joke smiling smiley)))

I will see if I can post a pick, so that you can be the judge between me and my wife...smiling smiley)

Date: June 11, 2010 09:06PM

I wouldnt my friend, Mr. Rodman might think your flirting...j/k,lol. my family had a similar reaction when I recently,thanks to all the yummy stuff appearing for cheap in the store lately, switched to as high as 75-90% raw vegan and lost nearly 20 pounds although I think some of that may have been muscle loss from my leg getting injured. but yeah, they still think I have an eating disorder...lol

Posted by: stellium ()
Date: June 12, 2010 06:22AM

Yeah, she is probably a little afraid of you becoming hot and losing you. Your self improvement while she does... nothing to improve herself? It's a common problem and sad when it arises. Usually if I'm with that kind of partner that's a signal that that person isn't right for me; anytime I get excited about improving my life or myself. Those small comments could be a sign of bigger issues and clashes to come.

Date: June 12, 2010 02:33PM

Curator, people seem to just be afraid of the unknown, don't they? They feel the safest doing what everybody else does, and our behavior is not "normal" to them.

stellium, you are right that there could be some conflict there, but I just feel that some people cannot accept the sudden change, they need time to adjust. My wife buys my food for me, her parents always have a snack ready for me (usually grapes), so I don't feel that alienated. Also, since there is always fruit around, she eats more fruit also. Sometimes we have to have patience, I feel.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: June 12, 2010 02:59PM

You definately are not underweight! She probably is worried you will move on from her. While not carring to look after herself. Give her lots of love!! You might find she joins you on your raw journey. Thats what happened to me.

Date: June 12, 2010 03:46PM

her parents sound really nice and thoughtful, thats pretty amazing, Im sure you two can work things out eventually, and like workoutman said, maybe eventually she will end up wanting to join you, if not, something like difference in preferred diet is nothing compared to love ^_^

Posted by: gz ()
Date: June 12, 2010 09:40PM

I've been through this in a previous relationship. When we first got together, I knew a lot about diet and nutrition, but she just loved to cook for me, and I wasn't complaining... until I gained 30lbs. That is when i finally decided to go vegan, and all I heard were complaints that I was too skinny, and that what I was doing was bad for me.

Sometimes you just wish you could change peoples minds for their own good, but I'm sure to this day she's still eating american "cheese" on white bread fried in margerine. I feel awful for her.

It sounds like you run quite a bit, if you can manage to exchange a few running sessions for some serious weight training, and pack in more calories on those days, she might change her mind smiling smiley

Date: June 12, 2010 09:46PM

ugh...that makes me want a pesto sandwhich,lol... brb!!! time for lunch! pesto and tomatoes! yum!!!

the weight training may help a bit, build up a little bulk so he looks a little bigger...

Date: June 15, 2010 07:52PM

hey curator

here's what i do for a yummy pesto sandwich

for pesto i blend walnuts, garlic, lemon and basil

for the bread i just use butter lettuce

for the filling, i do red bell pepper and whatever other veggies

enjoy

Date: June 15, 2010 07:55PM

[www.youtube.com]

I hope the above link works. its the video for amy winehouse's rehab
if it doesn't work

someone ... fix it... can ya? thanks ahead of timesmiling smiley

Date: June 15, 2010 10:41PM

mmm, sounds pretty good, except, I really really dislike raw walnuts in pesto, I prefer pine nuts, which I cant afford,lol... but I CAN afford pistachios or almonds occasionally, which are both rather tasty in pesto, plus in pesto, it goes a long way...

Date: June 16, 2010 02:24AM

I use sunflower seeds, they work great in pesto. Add a little nutritional yeast for that cheezy flavour, Yum!

Date: June 16, 2010 03:01AM

er. I normally dont use cheese in mine, although I like it, I just cant afford a decent one, and see no point in putting a cheap flavorless one in it... but I dont think id ever consider nutritional yeast to have even a slightly cheesy flavor... to me it just tastes like yeast... I guess we all have different taste buds though... I could see it definitely lending a similar consistency as a good aged Parmesan though, a little salt might kinda make it seem more like cheese, i dunno...

Date: June 16, 2010 03:38AM

Oh no, I've made some incredibly cheezy tasting sauces with yeast flakes, it really does work for flavouring things.

Date: June 16, 2010 04:09AM

HA HA.. its funny how we got from rehab ( amy winehouse)

to basil pesto LOLsmiling smiley

life is goodsmiling smiley

Date: June 16, 2010 04:45AM

eh, really? weird...I dunno, it never has tasted even remotely cheese like to me, er, cheese sauce maybe, I could kinda see that, but not like a real aged Parmesan, id rather have nothing cheese like at all in it, than something that reminded me just enough of cheese to make me wish I had the real thing...LOL... I love aged parmesan way to much...waaaaaay to much...lol... plus since it has no lactose, it doesnt make me sickgrinning smiley woohoo!!! but its crazy expensive,lol... and although a little goes a LONG way, I shall not have it again till I get another job...well a full time one specifically.

Date: June 17, 2010 10:10AM

soooooooooo.... i guess its no rehab for rab

it would be a purty weird sight having you in a straitjacket

sweating and shaking from spinach withdrawal

and having a crew of people sitting around in a circle

morose and regretting how during their "using" days they would down a pound of spinach broccoli celery and whatnot

but now that they are law abiding reformed rehabilitated citizens

they dutifully consume their daily allowance of 'sensible" fare such as bacon, eggs, ham and muffins

Amy Winehouse had the right idea

just croon " no no no"

Date: June 17, 2010 04:16PM

hahaha

They're coming to take me away, HA HA
They're coming to take me away, HO HO HEE HEE HA HA
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see
Those nice, young men
In their clean, white coats
And they're coming to take me away, Ha-haaa!

Only, it would not be a farm, but a "facility". I would have to tell them my horrible story about eating so much fruit and veggies that one day I decided to eat nothing else (!!!), leaving our struggling (processed) food industry without my dollars. How unpatriotic! Also, how unhealthy not to eat all the prescribed protein, when good people like mr. Atkins tried to help us understand why it is critical to eat tons of protein, and never, never, never stop buying meat!

Date: June 17, 2010 07:47PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2010 07:48PM by la_veronique.

Date: June 17, 2010 08:08PM

i think u should make an incredible raw pizza ( be creative)

for your wife

and give her a BIG hug

and she'll come around ( winksmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2010 08:08PM by la_veronique.

Date: June 17, 2010 08:09PM

let us know how the raw pizza escapade goes

we want some tomatoey pics toosmiling smiley !!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables