Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

should we eat when emotional?
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: June 18, 2010 11:21AM

Best time to eat is when we are feeling emotional. Eat slow and proper. Drink some water before hand. Understand that it takes longer than 24hrs for glycogen tanks to be restored. The fitter we are, the faster we bounce back from 'undercarbedness'. Most emotional issues are due to low blood sugar. When we dont eat enough carbs, our hydration and sleep are also negatively affected. Most of the time we make things bigger in our head than they really are and when we are glycogen deficient, a mouse becomes an elephant.

I had a guy threaten to punch my face in this morning for just walking into a car park to wash a bottle out. I was carbed up, hydrated and well slept. I know I wouldnt have been so chirpy about it if I was undercarbed.. smiling smiley

Take the sugar out of any human and life quickly gets bitter. I dont care how 'tolerant, spiritual, prepared' someone is..you get em undercarbed and they are freak'n. Its just basic human physiology.

This is the only site on the web that doesnt subscribe to the theory of 'emotional eating'.

I know of anorexics that create drama in their life so they dont feel like eating. I know of overweight folk that try and use the same strategy.

I know of a natural hygiene person that committed suicide 2 years ago in Australia. Low blood sugar is a serious issue. Its warped to think we should sit out our emotions and THEN eat some carbs. Thats like busting to go to the toilet and just 'meditating the thought processes that demand we go wee wee' instead of going to the toilet. Lets just meet our physiological needs of water ,glucose, sleep etc and THEN see how emotional we feel after that.

Its no suprised that the people that eat the least carbs, freak out the most!
Its no suprise that when we eat the least carbs, we freak out the most.

Our housemate that died last year subscribed to the theory 'You need less food the longer you are raw..'. They were a lovely person deep down but you dare not speak to harsh or straight as our friend was quick to be offended. She was happiest after a fruit meal. Would never 'eat when stressed' when IMHO the stress was just from undereating which then causes under hydrating and under sleeping.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: should we eat when emotional?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 18, 2010 02:45PM

I'm not sure if I agree with this, except that it might be a sound hypothesis when speaking of raw fruit ONLY. Like, we all know people who eat plenty of cooked carbs and they can be stunningly numbed. On the other hand, I have always sensed, even a long time ago, before I became a vegetarian, that a high animal protein, low carbohydrate diet can make some people aggressive. Some here will no doubt argue that it's that the life force you are eating has met a miserable end. But from a nutrition standpoint, it could just be that SAD meat eaters tend not to eat a large amount of fruit daily, which supports what you are saying. Also, I have come across the idea that high greens raw foodists tend to be more down-mooded, "greens ground you," we are told. I haven't found this to be true across the board, but I'm not conducting studies either. Maybe what you mean to say is that we should eat before we are emotional, so that we stay "up." Interesting . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2010 02:46PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: June 18, 2010 02:52PM

I know that if I am hungry...I mean really hungry like I NEED food, I get very cranky. Since I started eating the way I am eating now I have not had that problem, even if for some reason I don't eat for half the day.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 19, 2010 11:31AM

what do u mean by "emotional"

that could run the gamut

emotional could mean happy, joyful, appreciative, excited about life etc.

if that is the case, i agree
cuz then , that is the energy that will be imbued in what one is ingesting

if , on the other hand, you are saying to eat when one is not in a good place , that is also "interesting"

i say.. whatever works for you is the right way

also, what is YOUR definition of carbs

there are simple carbs and complex carbs

depending on who u are talking to

carbs mean something different

Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: June 19, 2010 04:48PM

Sounds like a poor assumption to make for all of humanity. Undercarbedness? I think the best time to eat is when we are hungry.

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: June 30, 2010 05:26AM

carbs= candy, sweet fruit, cake, rice, pasta etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables