Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

boutenko jaw exerciser
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: June 24, 2010 09:36PM

hi there
does anyone know if this is available yet?
thanks x

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: boutenko jaw exerciser
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 24, 2010 09:38PM

uhhh...no idea, sorry,lol...

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: June 24, 2010 10:02PM

Its this a tool for weak jaw muscles? smiling smiley

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: June 24, 2010 10:34PM

..from a letter of 2007 to rawfamily.com it sounds like something for bone health--

"And finally! I received probably themost exciting message from my dentist that I have ever dreamed of! Let me back upa little bit. I have several molars missing because they were extracted inerror when I was in my twenties. I have been told by dentists that because Ihadn’t have so many molars for so many years, my jaw bone has melted away andany dental work (holistic or standard) was problematic. My current dentist toldme the same thing two years ago. Today I visited him for a miner treatment andhe had to do an X-ray of my teeth. He told me that my jaw bone has a wonderfuland beautiful bone density and I now can have the dental work done that I couldonly dream about before. I kept telling him that it couldn’t be and is he sure?He kept looking at my x-rays and assured me that my jaw bone is very healthy asin a young person. It is especially amazing considering that I am 52 years old,the age when women usually lose bone density!

"Many of you would probably want toknow what I have been doing that was different in these two years. I did twothings. I made an extensive effort to exercise and massage my jaws in differentways (also with the jaw exerciser) and I consumed two quarts of green smoothiedaily with the huge emphasis on dandelions. This plant is a world champion incalcium. No wonder it is called dandelion – ( French: Tooth of a lion)

"There is a world of difference betweenthe calcium that we get from dairy and from greens. Yes, dairy contain calcium.But it also makes our body pH a lot more acidic. Then in order to sustainalkaline pH of the body, our organism draws calcium back from the bone. This ishow the consumption of calcium-rich dairy can even cause osteoporoses! On th contrary,greens contain a lot of high quality calcium and at the same time, they makeour body pH more alkaline, protecting our bones from leaching calcium.

"I feel so happy now! After many years, even decades, of fruitlesslytrying whatever possible to strengthen my jaws, I almost gave up not Yet, withthe right approach, it became a reality for me. Actually, I have noticed how myteeth and gums became stronger in the last couple of years.

"I will share more with you in myfuture articles and forums. Enjoy your greens!

In Health,
Victoria

[www.rawfamily.com]

As someone who's had TMJ and other dental issues I'm also interested.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2010 10:38PM by loeve.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 25, 2010 01:24AM

I am not joking and I know it's kind of weird, but I swear that Suzanne Sommers was hawking some similar device on HSN a few years back. God I hope that I am not just imagining this...It was kind of like a Thigh Master for your mouth.

Date: June 25, 2010 03:49AM

that sounds...uncomfortable... and is also a hilarious mental image (imagines somebody actually using a thigh master, in their mouth...)

Date: June 25, 2010 08:13AM

Would chomping carrots regularly have the safe effect?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 25, 2010 09:11AM

hmmmm.... wouldn't chewing one's greens etc. several times prior to swallowing automatically and seamlessly strengthen the jaws?

it seems inevitable

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 25, 2010 02:19PM

jack lalanne (the juicing guy) did a series called 30 days to a better face or something like that in the 60's or maybe in the 50's

heres a youtube link to some their quite funny but i can definitely see how one would benefit from them smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: June 25, 2010 05:05PM

In another video where he is 88, he's still doing those face exercises and looks pretty good.

[www.youtube.com]

Lalanne is 95 now and still works out 2 hours a day. What a role model!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 25, 2010 10:46PM

e he he jgunn
that was hilarious! grinning smiley

Date: June 26, 2010 02:12AM

hahahahahhaa, wow... and the funny part is, that probably really IS giving the facial muscles a work out,lol

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 26, 2010 01:05PM

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 26, 2010 03:00PM

bananawho , you were not imagining things i looked up suzanne on you tube and the thing she sells is the facemaster hehehe

it looks like a low-grade TENS machine (similar to what they use in a physiotherapy office to stimulate muscle contractions)

i have been using my own TENS unit on my face and scalp for years to keep my muscles above the neck in tone and feel it really works well smiling smiley

the buetenko jaw exercisor seems to work the jaw and stimulate salivary flow to improve bone density

now if they would just come up with a boobmaster id be set grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 26, 2010 07:58PM

Jodi: OMG! I Googled just to be sure you were not joking! That is too funny. I remember a few years ago I fell into a pattern of watching Home Shopping Network and those crazy demonstrations like the Oxyclean guy and the others. They made it seem like if we bought their products we'd be in total bliss, LOL. What is a TENS machine and what does it do to the scalp? I have a scalp condition--I think it's seborrhea dermatitis. It's not dandruff; it's like scales on my scalp and under my eyebrows and along my nose. Mostly annoying and not painful. Sometimes embarrassing but not too unsightly. I know it's not psoriasis because it's not open sores or anything. But I have a feeling that casein from milk is implicated. I was vegan for about six months and had some dairy and felt my skin tighten up immediately. I don't have any known allergies, but I suspect that my diet is to blame for this. I think low EFAs may be an issue, too.

Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: June 26, 2010 11:29PM

I bought the MYO munchie, the one Boutenko talks about in "Green for Life." As far as I know she never came out with her own line of them, like she's said she was going to.

The Dr. Bourke guy will call you from Australia to kind of 'consult' before they ship your order. I also emailed him a lot after the fact, to figure out the best thing to do after I cracked a bottom tooth and exacerbated my overbite. He's cool - gave me a lot of free advice.

The munchie made my teeth A LOT whiter and my dentist remarked at how healthy my gums were after I had been using it daily for about 2 months (no miracles though). On the negative side: the little plastic bits fall off after you've had it for a while, and when you first get it, the plastic it's made of STINKS.

Lately I've been more into oil pulling, so I haven't used it in a while.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: June 28, 2010 11:21PM

thank you so much for all the info guys! Cool vids too, wow, that Jack guy looks like he's had a LOT of cacao... he's so wired, it's a bit scary :-O But I love facercise, I've been trying the Carol Maggio exercises for a while now smiling smiley

suspended and veronique, I think celery would be good to chew on. But the jaw exerciser seemed a good idea too, esp for those doing a lot of juices and smoothies smiling smiley

xxxx

Date: June 29, 2010 12:58AM

what about natural chewing gum? anyone think that would work?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables