Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new/transitioning to raw - vomitting after eating is this detox?
Posted by: lunachica ()
Date: August 25, 2006 04:03PM

Hello - I'm new to the forum and just began transitioning to raw foods about 1 month ago. I'm fluctuate between 85-100% raw each day.

Yesterday with my dinner salad I ate a couple of my son's quorn nuggets (fake chicken nuggets) & some lightly steam brocolli w/nutritional yeast then I had a dessert of raw granola & almond milk I made earlier. About 1 hour later I threw the entire meal up. I very rarely vomit, could this be part of the detox? Maybe the processed food? Overeating? Maybe just a bug? It seemed a bit extreme to me.

Anyone else experience this?
Thanks
Miche

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new/transitioning to raw - vomitting after eating is this detox?
Posted by: Jesaroj ()
Date: August 25, 2006 04:19PM

I don't know about vomitting, but I am on my 4th day as about 99% raw and I felt nauseous after eating raw lasagne one night. I don't know if it's detox - I thought it might be more of a mental thing as the flavors are very rich and different, too. Thinking of the "cheese" on my meal as being macadamia nuts and yeast may have had an affect on it - even though the meal tasted great! I think some of the people here may suspect that a strange combination of food could cause these reactions. But I don't know, maybe it is detox.

~Jessica

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 25, 2006 05:56PM

I've never had vomiting detox (I know it's fairly common) but my mom has, from doing a 6-week cleanse. She said she vomited this weird sludge-looking stuff. So I'm thinking maybe vomiting detox is different than just puking up a whole meal, ya know? Just a thought. It's possible it was mild food poisoning, even.

Date: August 25, 2006 09:39PM

Thanks for the input....
i'm thinking it may have been the almond milk, maybe the nuts were rancid - I smelled the jar today thinking I may be able to have a glass but it just repulsed me. Yes jesjarjo, there is something about certain nuts too rich maybe....I've been having alot of food aversions since transitioning to good things too that I use to love like argula and basil....Is this commom. so many questions
Miche

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 25, 2006 10:10PM

raw foods are far more perishable than cooked foods
just see how long you can "keep" spinach
without it going bac on you
compared to how long you can keep a Captain Crunch super saturated PRESERVED
bowl lying around without having bacteria grow on it

if u felt repulsed when u smelled the almond milk
it was probably that

its okay to make things ahead of time
but be careful to not have it hanging around TOO long

cheers

Posted by: chilove ()
Date: August 26, 2006 03:54PM

Hi there,

It just sounds like some very bad food combining to me. :-) That was a lot to ask of your stomach at once.

All the best,

Audrey
www.rawhealing.com

Date: August 26, 2006 06:58PM

Yes - bad food combing definitely, but I've done that many times in the past but did not vomit. I've always thought I ate "healthy" but since transitioning to raw I realize my food combinations (as well as how much i eat) have been horrific.
Thanks for your response.
Miche

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables