Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone freeze lemon juice?
Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: June 26, 2010 04:16AM

I always want lemon juice (lemon water, add to herbal teas, etc) but usually don't feel like juicing them (get sick of cleaning it) whether by a juicer or by hand. Plus My skin is too sensitive and it tends to burn it.

I'm thinking of freezing it into icecube trays... if I do it this way, then put it in a bag or maybe freeze in a mason jar or something.. isn't it just the outside that will oxidize anyway? Should I freeze and leave in an ice cube tray so just the top loses enzymes? I know people freeze juices and suck the air out of jars but I'm not going to use enough at a time to make that worth it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone freeze lemon juice?
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 26, 2010 09:03AM

I do that with various citrus juices, im not sure what nutritional value is lost or not, but I cant exactly have lime and lemon juice year round I use freezer bags though... plus im really sensitive to the oils in the skin too, my hands burn really bad and swell up a little after only 5-6 limes on average...so ive taken to wearing gloves when I juice them,lol...

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables