Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How should I start?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 26, 2006 12:33AM

Hi. I want to go raw really bad. But I just don't know how to. Should I go a 100% raw? I really want to just jump right in. Doesn't matter how cold the waters are. Any help?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How should I start?
Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: August 26, 2006 12:42AM

You could try going 100% right away, and see what happens. You'll get varying opinions on what you should and shouldn't eat.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 26, 2006 12:46AM

Hey thanks. Yeah I have read that you should gradualy eat raw foods if you never have before. But I just can't wait.

Posted by: rooneyandmuldoon ()
Date: August 26, 2006 01:32AM

Don't beat yourself up if you cheat a little at first. As long as you are progressing to a more complete raw diet in the long run, that's what counts, I think. Sometimes a little cheat can keep you from building up too much frustration and falling off the wagon entirely.And it may be easier on your system than too much raw too fast. That's my two cents.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 26, 2006 02:04AM

Opinion:

-I think the key is to do what YOU think / have researched is the best........forever......or at least until you have determined something is better! LOL.

-If psychologicall / emotionally / physically......you are ready and motivated to give up (what YOU think) is a bad habit....forever.....then you should go for it!

-If not.....you should fill in the spot between all and nothing with little goals that you ARE motivated to do on a daily basis...and simply stretch from where you ARE currently comfortable.

-I think that many people that 'appear' to go 100% cold turkey (and succeed) have actually been building up to it for some time....perhaps years.....and you don't see that. If you are one of those people....then you should have no problem!

-But if you plan on doing something good forever....then what's the rush? Some one that incorporates exercise into their life / lifestyle forever doesn't HAVE to do a lot of work on a daily basis. The trickle of water...given forever.....creates the grandest canyon. It's awesome!

-David Mason

Posted by: rooneyandmuldoon ()
Date: August 26, 2006 02:08AM

davidzanemason Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Opinion:
>
>
> -But if you plan on doing something good
> forever....then what's the rush? > -David Mason

That is so well put!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 26, 2006 04:05AM

An easy way to start is by increasing the percentage of whole fresh ripe raw organic fruits and vegetables. All fruits can be eaten raw, and the leafy greens can be eaten raw. Starchy root vegetables or vegetables with tough cellulose are less edible in their raw state.

Posted by: juve ()
Date: August 26, 2006 06:20AM

i found it easier to "wane" off cooked foods... by just adding more and more raw juices, salads, fruits etc... until thats all you would ever want to eat!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables