Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cellulite and raw food
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 01, 2010 03:50AM

I have heard that cellulite is caused by impurities trapped in the system. It could be caffeine, cooked fats, etc. Whether or not a person is overweight isn't really the issue; a thin person can have cellulite as the tabloids love to point out. Has anyone seen their cellulite go away as the result of eating a lot of raw food?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cellulite and raw food
Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: July 01, 2010 04:04AM

I'm not raw enough to comment. But I've heard of bodybrushing helping it even for cooked eaters. Something about making the fat separate so the body can get rid of it easier. Lymph congestion (Or like you said, trapped impurities) causes cellulite..so stimulating the lymph system helps.

Posted by: Want2know ()
Date: July 01, 2010 08:08AM

I'm not raw enough either. but I have made the experience that appearance becomes cleaner- the cleaner you eat.

Date: July 02, 2010 01:18AM

I am wondering about rebounding, then, because it's supposed to cleanse the lympthatic system.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: July 06, 2010 08:19PM

Bananawho, in my experience, weight is not the issue. I have some strange metabolic issues going on. But, anyway, several years ago my weight shot up despite my dieting and I suddenly had loads of cellulite, which I had never had before. I've been working for years to correct my metabolic issues 'naturally' with diet, yoga, vitamins, etc. and my weight is still an issue, but my cellulite is minimal now eventhough my weight is still higher than when the cottage cheese peaked.

I have also seen very thin people with cellulite, usually smokers. So, I think there may be something to the 'impurities' theory. But, getting rid of cellulite is a slow process. It takes months, even years to see results though.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 06, 2010 08:21PM

I agree, weight is not the issue. There are very thin (I find "skinny" a negative word but would use it in this case) peopel who have cellulite. The more muscle you build through weight resistance, teh better, in my opinion.

Date: July 07, 2010 12:09AM

Utopian Life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree, weight is not the issue. There are very
> thin (I find "skinny" a negative word but would
> use it in this case) peopel who have cellulite.
> The more muscle you build through weight
> resistance, teh better, in my opinion.

Are those bands that you hook to something and then pull a form of weight resistance, or are you just talking lifting barbells? I don't belong to a gym and don't care for them so I am looking for exercises which do not require heavy equipment or gym membership.

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: July 07, 2010 02:39AM

Cellulite is just a fancy word for FAT. smiling smiley

The fat we eat is the fat we wear..vegan, raw or body fat from animals in the form of butter, milk, eggs, meat etc.

If we want less fat (cellulite) eat less fat! Its that simple.

If your into raw, eat a high carb, low fat diet like 80/10/10 and thru in daily exercise there and youll get the pins you want.

Anorexics often have cellulite as they have more body fat than muscle. So starving ourselves aint the solution, rather and high calories, high carb, low fat, raw vegan diet is.

Sure we have lots of models eating big macs with no cellulite..but give em time..just look at the average person over 25.. smiling smiley

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 07, 2010 12:04PM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Utopian Life Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I agree, weight is not the issue. There are
> very
> > thin (I find "skinny" a negative word but would
> > use it in this case) peopel who have cellulite.
>
> > The more muscle you build through weight
> > resistance, teh better, in my opinion.
>
>
> Are those bands that you hook to something and
> then pull a form of weight resistance, or are you
> just talking lifting barbells? I don't belong to a
> gym and don't care for them so I am looking for
> exercises which do not require heavy equipment or
> gym membership.

Yoga is a great form of weight resistance exercise. People find different things to do outside as well, without gym equipment. I bet there's youtube videos! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables