Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sugar infect insulin levels?
Posted by: Casy ()
Date: August 26, 2006 12:46PM

I have been eating alot of rasinis in the morning along with nuts...sort of making my own trail mix...to take to work...I have to wake up at 4am to be at work at 6am and I get off at 5pm soooo i need something to keep me going but so far my intake is the rasinis and nuts at like 5am and 7 am and then at noon ill have some flax seeds then i really dont eat for the rest of the day....Is this bad...What do your daily food menus look like....Im 18 and My Dad argues with me about this...He thinks Im crazy for eating raw so I do have a hard time buying certain food...any advice???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sugar infect insulin levels?
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 26, 2006 03:33PM

Mixing dried fruit and nuts are going to cause problems after eating them for some time, as dried fruit are much sweeter than fresh fruit, and nuts are high in fat. This high fat/high sugar combination is not good for anyone concerned about their insulin level/hypoglycemia/hyperclycemia/insulin resistance. The healthiest breakfast to eat is just fresh whole ripe organic raw fruit.

Posted by: Casy ()
Date: August 26, 2006 03:49PM

You are so right, thanks. I have horrible stomach aches right now lol, never again...

Posted by: Arvydas ()
Date: August 26, 2006 03:59PM

If all you're eating is a little nuts, raisins and flax seeds you're going to get serious nutritional deficiencies. Do you eat vegetables?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables