Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
where did David Wolfe go wrong?
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: July 07, 2010 02:48AM

Read the following article David wrote once. Where do you think he made 2 limiting beliefs that sabotaged his future as a fit, trim and healthy fruit eater? I will give you a hint: Overeating and hybrid fruits. smiling smiley

[www.pioneerthinking.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: where did David Wolfe go wrong?
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 10, 2010 03:08PM

durianrider,
I am missing something, your predicting that he won't be a fruit eater in the future? or if he continues he won't be healthy?

There is a third statement I found kind of odd, the idea that fruit and raw food has too MUCH nutrition, so he does fasts. That is the first time I ever heard that in relation to raw foods. isn't that kind of limited thinking also?

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: July 11, 2010 08:01AM

Mislu. David Wolfe was fruitarian many years ago, that interview DR has posted is from the 90s

I think DR means DW move away from fruits and greens as raw foods to superfoods as raw foods which are foods that no longer have their life force about them, but are more profitable.

DW no longer supports or recommends the diet in that interview

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2010 08:03AM by Ariel55.

Posted by: paragon1685 ()
Date: July 11, 2010 06:04PM

I really don't know what diet DW supports, because
it changes (what seems like) nearly daily; at least
what he proclaims to be the ideal. Who knows how
this guy really lives, and the only reason it's
mentioned here in the first place is because he's
the (self-proclaimed) leader of the RAW Food Movement.

I've never really thought of much of anything that
comes in a bottle or package "RAW," but I realize
I'm in the minority on that one. And it is, in
part, why DW is so popular: what he sells is often
the latest, greatest "raw" craze.

And I think it's unfortunate that more people don't
think fruits, vegetables, nuts are enough. Because
in my experience, they are enough. But if they were,
DW would not be a financial whiz kid in the RAW world,
and he'd have to do something else to earn money. Which
is, in part, possibly why the diet mentioned in the
article didn't (apparently) "work" for him.

Steve
[www.meetup.com]
[www.rawgosia.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 12, 2010 02:04AM

what do u mean by "wrong"

hey durianrider

where did you go "right"?

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: July 13, 2010 08:07PM

I don't care to judge/analyze DW.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 13, 2010 08:29PM

Lee_123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't care to judge/analyze DW.
I'm with you Lee. However, I must say
he does have a unique personality, with food
ideas to match.....WY

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: July 13, 2010 08:32PM

LOL!

He is entertaining. :-)

Date: July 13, 2010 11:54PM

Its where a lot of people in the raw food scene go wrong, they simply buy into the hype that sweet fruit is bad when actually its our most nutrient dense calorie source.

Its no wonder all us fruit pushers are thriving and the fruit phobics are just surviving.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2010 11:55PM by durianrider.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 14, 2010 12:00AM

You don't have to judge an individual to have an opinion on the "truth" they are promoting/selling. Lots of people buy the hype, that's how nearly everything is sold these days. DW is like the sham-wow of the raw food community. Sure, maybe some of it works but it sure isn't the end-all be-all it's advertised as. It's just a lot of flash.

Whatever. Fruit is good. Ants? Not so much...

Date: July 21, 2010 10:48AM

word

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: July 21, 2010 02:48PM

where did David Wolfe go wrong?
He forgot to visit the barber! jk

Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: July 22, 2010 12:49AM

FYI: David Wolfe sells very few superfoods anymore. He sold Sunfood well over a year ago.

For me, he has been a lifesaver. It is much easier to demineralize than it is to remineralize, and he has taught me so much about the importance of adding minerals to my diet.

It is true that if you try everything he talks about you will go broke unless you have a good bit of money, but that is the kind of problem I LIKE to have -- more choices than I can even use, since I don't have to take EVERYTHING he recommends. He lays out a LOT of different possibilities and it is up to each individual to figure out what works or does not work for him or her.

Bottom line for me that I have learned (only) from him is the great of advantage of having 8-20 cacao beans per day (which even at a high price won't break anyone's bank); 2-3 TBL of good organic seeds per day (which I also take for omega-3 so I include chia or hemp seed, and pumpkin seeds for zinc); the value of maca (one TBL a day lasts a long time!); and so much more.

I know that David "Avocado" Wolfe is not for everyone, but I also know that he is tremendously inspiring to many people and that is a great boon for many people, definitely including yours truly!!

He also founded the non-profit Fruit Tree Planting Foundation, which has been planting trees in many underprivileged areas of the world, including an Indian Reservation in the Grand Canyon, a school in Central America and currently trees are being planted in India. Last I heard I believe over 10,000 fruit trees have been planted. Actions speak loudly, and this is a very beautiful action.

I am not here to tell you he is a Saint. I am sure he has skeletons in (and out) of his closet just like most people -- only since he is well-known (and sometimes well-reviled) there are people that go out of their way to hang out any dirty laundry they can find on him.

The most dynamics forces for the good I have seen in my lifetime have all been reviled as well as admired, and he is no exception.

I began earnestly on the raw food lifestyle in 1990 and I have availed myself of many teachers and teachings. I do not say this lightly that for me, if I cannot decide and need a guide on anything regarding health and diet, David "Avocado" Wolfe is my main man, hands down!!

Oh, and I love his hair.

Peace!

Avocadess

Date: July 22, 2010 01:19AM

Maca? Cacao? These are healthy phoods now? Rii-iight.
Well, I'm not buying what he's selling but to each their own.

Date: July 22, 2010 02:51AM

Ive spent a little bit of time with David and I do believe he is a genuine person, he is just a burnt out with all the fatty foods n drugs. Heck I would too if I stayed on that route.

Date: July 22, 2010 03:54AM

Recently? I admit that the time I worked for them was long ago. Hopefully he's changed and grown out of whatever that phase of being a total a$$hat was. Gah, he was so gross. Maybe he's turned over a new leaf of lettuce these days, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that it is so...

Date: July 22, 2010 07:07AM

durianrider Wrote:
> Ive spent a little bit of time with David and I do
> believe he is a genuine person
Yes, I can 'see' the two of you together having a
good time.

Date: July 22, 2010 07:12AM

coco Wrote:
> .........Hopefully he's changed and grown out
> of whatever that phase of being a total a$$hat
> was. Gah, he was so gross. Maybe he's turned over
> a new leaf of lettuce these days
You'd feel better just letting David Wolfe be
David Wolfe. I think he's 'found' himself. We should
all be so lucky......WY

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 23, 2010 12:14AM

WY: Curious (and slightly intrigued/bemused) by the quotes you wrote between certain words and their meaning: "Yes, I can 'see' the two of you..."I think he's 'found' himself." Wondering what that's all aobut...

Date: July 23, 2010 12:18AM

I don't want to turn this into a 'raw on DW' thread, but the one thing I found irritating watching his vids was the hyper delivery. I get vibrancy, but not ADHD on steroids. Energy can be mellow and yet enthusiastic. Funny thing is that the last time I saw him was with the Monarchs on one of their videos and he was very low-key. It was almost deliberately so; like he was trying to appear un-manic. I had seen some kind of off-the-wall videos with his hair sticking up, him going a mile a minute, wearing a serape and calling himself 'David Avocado...' A bit...much.

Date: July 23, 2010 12:25AM

banana who Wrote:
> WY: Curious (and slightly intrigued/bemused) by
> the quotes you wrote between certain words and
> their meaning: "Yes, I can 'see' the two of
> you..."I think he's 'found' himself." Wondering
> what that's all aobut...
Oh, I don't know. It just seems a word should
be in single quotes when it's used in a way that's not
natural. Do you 'see'?.....WY

Date: July 23, 2010 12:45AM

I meant RAG ON DW.

Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: July 23, 2010 06:04AM

My guess is that he picks up energy from a CROWD and therefore delivers a much more passionate and animated address. Just talking to two people over a computer IS more low-key. I personally LOVE it when he gets all intense on stage. Nobody is liked by everyone. :: shrug :: Any stage actor can tell you how much more magic they feel in their own delivery when there is a crowd of people giving their rapt attention.

I too believe he has "found himself." When I met him in 2002 he was VERY different. I talked to him a little bit in 2002 and while I was stirred by his talk, he was not yet at a place I felt very comfortable with. By 2006 it was like he was almost a different person -- much softened, much more FEELING, much more "connecting" with people. When I saw him again in 2010 it was even further metamorphosis into a very authentic and caring human being. I also see him as a hero in how he MAKES each day the best day ever even when he is under intense fire. Very inspiring.

Date: July 24, 2010 08:59PM

I am just curious why he sold his company! I mean, he would always plug it at the beginning of the decade and it's shocking to know that he doesn't own it and who is at the realm now. I just don't get it! If Matt Monarch sold his biz, I would be shocked, too. It seems that it would be your baby, especially a raw foods biz that is supposed to be anti-corporate. We have so many evil entities trying to control the food supply that selling your lifeblood to Monsatan is like making a pact with the devil, is it not?

Date: July 24, 2010 11:21PM

Hostile take over, or so it is said. It's owned by someone associated w Monsanto now is the story going around. Bet you could check on that, I read it here not too long ago actually.

Posted by: Want2know ()
Date: July 27, 2010 11:18AM

please post a link if s.o. finds more on this.

Posted by: wallace ()
Date: December 16, 2010 03:37PM

Hes not all bad.

Check out his videos on youtube telling us about the advantages of not wearing shoes and getting earthed with earthing devices.

www.earthinginstitute.net for lots of info and check out the book called earthing.

I have started going barefoot while grounding myself at night with a grounding sheet. very cool!

Posted by: wallace ()
Date: December 16, 2010 03:56PM

A recent discussion on earthing:

[flash.lymenet.org]?

Gabriel cousens is also a big fan of earthing products.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2010 04:02PM by wallace.

Date: December 16, 2010 07:23PM

Okayyyy...how about just not wearing your shoes? See, that is my main beef--the idea that there is always a product to hawk. I saw some Matt Monarch video a few months back and they were hyping this mystery "latest greatest" new product that is LIKE SO EFFING AMAZING!!!! (which everything nowadays is). Same with Matt Monarch. His OMG! product was PINE POLLEN!!!!! It's gonna be the end-all, be-all, cure-all. No, what turned me off was when I read a couple of DW's books and embedded within some great info that resonated with me were passages with product placement. That's a no-no, IMO. You put that crap at the end of the book, not intersperse it.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 17, 2010 12:07PM

To be fair pine pollen is a pretty amazing supplement and ive seen great benefits in alot with major health problems.

Pending that your not allergic to pollen or pine of course.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables