Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Oil Pulling is a age old Ayurveda Process
Posted by: RaysofLight ()
Date: July 10, 2010 04:29PM

[il-pulling-therapy&catid=36:general&Itemid=29" rel="nofollow" >www.livingfoodvillage.com]

I was speaking with a dear friend and she mentioned oil pulling therapy to me. I tried it this morning for the first time. I was cautioned about how toxic the oil is after swishing for 25 minutes. Be sure to rinse it all down the drain very well. DO NOT SWALLOW the oil. She also informed me that Sesame or Sunflower Oil is the best- Be certain it is SUNFLOWER Oil and not Safflower.
I took 1 tablespoon of organic sesame oil this morning. I swished first thing upon waking for 25 minutes. It wasn't difficult at all. I read my emails as I swished. I moved the oil all around my mouth as best I could -making sure the oil saturated every area inside my mouth. After 25 minutes, I went into the bathroom and spit the (now turned) milk-ish white oil into the sink. I then brushed my teeth and then put soap (oil breaking dish soap) and hot water into the sink basin to rinse away any of the oil remaining. I was pleasantly surprised by how wonderful my gums felt afterwards. I'm going to continue this. I was impressed with everything I read on line about this simple Ayurveda process, in spite of the naysayers.

This is a quote from a site: "Dr. (med.) Karach said the Oil pulling heals “head-aches, bronchitis, tooth pain, thrombosis, eczema, ulcers and diseases of stomach, intestines, heart, blood, kidney, liver, lungs and women’s diseases. It heals diseases of nerves, paralysis, and encephalitis. It prevents the growth of malignant tumors, cuts and heals them. Chronic sleeplessness is cured.”
BE CAUTIONED: Oil Pulling Therapy is a very simple process, Many people try to get a profit from filling their books and websites with garbage and in the end what you would get is how to practice this process as explained in How to do Oil Pulling. There is nothing else you would learn more from those books or websites. Please, don't spend your valuable time and money in buying any book on oil pulling."

Provided is the information for your review. Research it for yourself, I'm interested to learn more from you as you practice oil pulling and research this. Nothing to loose and much to gain. I thought it was well worth sharing.

In Love, Light and Health, Kelly

"...and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine."~Ezekiel 47:12
"

Let Food Be Your Medicine and Medicine Be Your Food"~Hippocrates

Kelly ~Living and Raw Foods Coach & Theta Healer
Balancing Mind, Body and Soul
http//www.livingfoodvillage.com

As always, please forward this on to anyone seeking the light of true health!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oil Pulling is a age old Ayurveda Process
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 10, 2010 04:54PM

RaysofLight Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ......Be sure to rinse it all down the drain
> very well. DO NOT SWALLOW the oil.
I have some very fine Olive Oil that I use for Oil
Pulling. I don't like the idea of spitting it down a drain,
so I always go outside to spit. I have to be careful because
it kills the grass. I don't think pure olive oil would
do that...gotta test that to see......WY

Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: July 10, 2010 06:29PM

I managed to keep up with oil pulling 15 min. daily for about 6 months. I used coconut oil, because the taste of sesame just didn't do it for me. My teeth were WHITE after about 3 weeks, and a few areas where the receding gums were bad starting snapping back into place. I really wish I had kept it up, though, because as soon as I stopped my teeth turned all kinds of yellow - much worse than ever before. (I'm still a coffee drinker and big-time tea drinker). So that would be my caution: if you get into it, stick with it or your teeth will revert back to a color worse than what you started with.

Good luck!
CJJ

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 10, 2010 08:18PM

Curious--I have heard the same thing about oil pulling whitening teeth--any knowledge about why? I was thinking of using coconut oil because it has anti-bacterial properties, but I have this sesame oil on hand...

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 10, 2010 09:02PM

CJJ Wrote:
> ....I used coconut oil,
> because the taste of sesame just didn't do it for
> me. My teeth were WHITE after about 3 weeks, and
> a few areas where the receding gums were bad
> starting snapping back into place.
That's very interesting. I'll give Coconut Oil a try.
I've found the best Coconut Oil made. Those of you on a tight
budget don't look.....WY

[www.coconutoil-online.com]

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: July 11, 2010 10:59AM

i had good success with oil pulling and like others my teeth got much whiter and my gums were alot healthier also.

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: July 11, 2010 03:01PM

Coco's post:

'I really wish I had kept it up, though, because as soon as I stopped my teeth turned all kinds of yellow - much worse than ever before. (I'm still a coffee drinker and big-time tea drinker). So that would be my caution: if you get into it, stick with it or your teeth will revert back to a color worse than what you started with.'

Doesn't this suggest that 'oil pulling' is not a good idea full stop? That it gives a short-term 'quick fix' at long-term cost?

The title of the thread - '...an 'age old Ayurvedic process' rather implies that you feel that because the Ayurvedics did it, it has credibility and must be a good thing for raw vegans to do, but the Ayurvedics did lots of things, eg cook their food, eat meat etc.

Example (quick google) - 'There are numerous conditions where non vegetarian food is suggested for healing purpose. At the same time there are a wide range of conditions were non vegetarian is contraindicated. The classical texts of Ayurveda explain the qualities of various meat including including fish, chicken, duck, lamb etc. just like that of herbs and trees.'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2010 03:07PM by debbietook.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: July 12, 2010 06:53AM

It sounds disgusting. Do you enjoy the experience, does it taste nice and feel nice?

Date: July 12, 2010 11:21AM

doesnt really taste of anything, kind of frothes up a little and can be hard to keep swishing after 10 minutes.

dont spit it down the drain though, one it clogs and too its full of bacteria, viruses, fungi etc.

Posted by: buddhistforlife ()
Date: July 12, 2010 01:04PM

I have done oil pulling for a few years now. At first it felt weird and kind of yucky, but now, I look forward to the swishing routine; in fact when I am unable to do it (traveling or whatever) I miss the process. And my teeth are in pretty good shape. I feel it's helpful.

Posted by: RaysofLight ()
Date: July 20, 2010 04:02AM

My teeth and gums have never felt better it's quite amazing!
I just got a microscope-I will do some investigation and keep you posted!
Could be interesting....

Date: July 20, 2010 03:58PM

raysoflight that would be great to see what you find with the microscope nice one.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: July 20, 2010 05:25PM

banana who Wrote:
> Curious--I have heard the same thing about oil
> pulling whitening teeth--any knowledge about why?
> I was thinking of using coconut oil because it has
> anti-bacterial properties, but I have this sesame
> oil on hand...

Yeah, I've done it. It works. Been wanting to get back into it...just havent.

Coconut oil isn't as effective. People on Curezone were trying different oils and the top ones are still Sunflower and Sesame.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 20, 2010 06:47PM

How do you swish something for 25 min? Do you not have saliva? My mouth would be stuffed after 10 min. of liquids. Are you dehydrated or just not produce a lot of saliva? This sounds strange to me....

Date: July 20, 2010 06:56PM

That is the problem utopian, to get swish you kind of need air also i believe and when you've been swishing for 10 odd minutes my mouth stops being able to swish.

10 minutes is all you really need anyway, more than that is better of course but 10-15 minute is fine.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:23PM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> How do you swish something for 25 min? Do you not
> have saliva? My mouth would be stuffed after 10
> min. of liquids. Are you dehydrated or just not
> produce a lot of saliva? This sounds strange to
> me....

It's hard to explain.

The oil gets thinner and watery from mixing with saliva. It does not stay the same texture as it is in the bottle. Whitening teeth is a benefit but the real reason for oil pulling is that it actually "cleanses" and "pulls" toxins out of your system.

Swishing it creates more saliva and pulls crap out of your sinuses/throat/nose/etc. As gross as that sounds but you know it works if you have sinus blockage or dryness and you're spitting out green mucus gunk. I've done it.

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: July 21, 2010 04:44AM

Fo those of you who know;

do yo need to do this first thing in the am or can you do it anytime? Like after breakfast or at night?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables