Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What to do for spicy cravings?
Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: July 13, 2010 12:26AM

I have been eating mostly fruit and I don't have any desire for other "sugars". No sugar cravings, no junk even if smelling or looking at it. But lately I am craving spicy things. It's like my mouth waters for it when the craving hits. I ignored it yesterday and it didn't go away.

So my new cooked thing is canned vegetable soup..with my own spices/herbs added. Oregno, black pepper, red pepper, parsley and some other stuff. I could care less about the fake vegetables in it.. its the spices that hit the spot. It's still better than spicy Chinese food or something completely unhealthy. Spicy teas don't cut it for me and raw soups don't either.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2010 12:30AM by BackAgain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What to do for spicy cravings?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 13, 2010 12:35AM

To make your cooked soup healthier, why not make your own soup? Soup is one of the cheapest, easiest things to make. Canned soups tend to have lots of sodium, the veggies are slimy from being canned and overcooked, and they are not very fresh, obviously. Stone soup is just throwing everything you have in a big pot: potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, maybe a turnip, beet, string beans and boiling until soft. I add tomato paste to make a richer broth. You can also add oregano to spice it and maybe a fresh jalepeno or dried pepper flakes. Another thing closer to raw I have done is a quick miso soup. Just chop up some cabbage and boil in a small amount of water with a couple of carrots and a chopped or sliced onion and some garlic and ginger. When soft, remove from heat and put in some mung sprouts and top with chopped cilantro. Stir in miso (I prefer a medium variety) and serve. Very filling and fresh-tasting.

Re: What to do for spicy cravings?
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: July 13, 2010 01:06AM

Having topics about what cooked foods you are making is really not appropriate for this forum.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables