Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Trendy tea causing a stink (Yahoo! headline)
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 14, 2010 04:56PM

[finance.yahoo.com]

This was along the same lines of what I had written/asked about recently on here!smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2010 04:58PM by banana who.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trendy tea causing a stink (Yahoo! headline)
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 14, 2010 05:26PM

Golly, it's a good thing I have two bottles in the fridge now, and so far my local hfs store seems to be stocking it still. There was a hysterical thing on the Colbert Report a couple of months ago about some kid in upper New England getting arrested for underage drinking because he was consuming a Fentiman's naturally brewed cola in public(alcohol content is under 1%)!!! So this is what Prohibition looks like in the 21st century . . .

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 14, 2010 06:09PM

It was pulled at my local health store last week on account of being "reformulated"... I have 2 bottles of the grape in the fridge right now...good stuff...

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 14, 2010 06:49PM

juicerkatz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was pulled at my local health store last week
> on account of being "reformulated"... I have 2
> bottles of the grape in the fridge right
> now...good stuff...

I wonder if that's the same company as the one I was mentioning which did not have any alcohol content listed.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: July 14, 2010 07:04PM

Once on a "juice fast" I somewhat cheated with 2 bottles of Kombucha. I was on a 2hr drive and stopped in a Whole Foods along the way..Whole Foods doesn't actually sell anything "fresh" that's fast safe. I have to admit I felt somewhat drunk by the time I got home. That was a freak day though, like I said.. i was actually on a juice fast with no food in me for days/weeks. That's the only time it felt like I drank alcohol.

I don't drink it much anymore.. got too expensive. But I rather have to go to a liquor store to buy Kombucha than have it "changed" and possibly less raw/less healthy.

I used to buy GT's Mango and leave it sitting in the fridge for weeks because I found it got more fizzy/bubbly when doing that.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 14, 2010 08:40PM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> juicerkatz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It was pulled at my local health store last
> week
> > on account of being "reformulated"... I have 2
> > bottles of the grape in the fridge right
> > now...good stuff...
>
>
> I wonder if that's the same company as the one I
> was mentioning which did not have any alcohol
> content listed.

I always buy the G.T. brand. I was making my own for awhile as you probably know, but I couldn't drink it fast enough. I am not a huge fan of it, but I do like it.

BackAgain - you were feeling somewhat drunk from 2 bottles? That must have been stronger than 1 percent...

I don't ever feel drunk, but I am put off by the "beery" taste that some of the products have.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 14, 2010 08:42PM

considering the machine to extract alcohol costs 50K
i predict that they will probably pasteurize it

which is not too surprising considering that ALL juices nowadays that are store bought are pasteurized

and any time the good ole govn "regulations" people do anything to products that are considered dubious ( like almonds or juice for example)

it ends up being pasteurized

hello 21st century

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables