Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Do you know this skinny bitch?
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: July 15, 2010 12:14AM

Rory Freedman.

[www.youtube.com]

[From Moderator]
Warning: this video contains graphic violence, showing the bloody slaughtering of animals. If this will disturb you, please do not watch this video.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2010 04:21PM by Prana.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you know this skinny bitch?
Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: July 15, 2010 12:34AM

Skinny bitch? she's hot!

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 15, 2010 12:35AM

You and the Youtube poster should really have a warning about the graphic images. I never watch animals being tortured because it is too upsetting to mesad smiley

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: July 15, 2010 03:41AM

I don't even click on his links.

I think DurianRider should just get his own section on here where he can spam all his stuff.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: July 15, 2010 04:28AM

I have to agree with banana who, and Back again...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Want2know ()
Date: July 15, 2010 10:38AM

skinny bitch is the name the two authors use to attract people. and it's also what they use to make a vegan diet preferable ('skinny' = healthy = vegan).

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 16, 2010 05:44AM

No, i don't know her nor have i read any of her books

why read about arithmetic, when you enjoy calculus

go raw!!

Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: July 17, 2010 12:27AM

I've read the Skinny Bitch book: pro-vegan, cooked. It blew up because it's "sassy." That Rory woman also writes (or wrote) a column for VegNews. While I do commend those out there spreading awareness of 'where meat really comes from,' and educating people about their food choices, I find the Skinny Bitch authors to be more on the Peta slant of things; (not my cup of tea).

IMO Peta's message is, "Look, you don't really have to change. Instead of objectifying animals, just objectify women. Here are some naked vegan chicks in cages, or holding banners, etc."

Blah.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 17, 2010 12:30AM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, i don't know her nor have i read any of her
> books
>
> why read about arithmetic, when you enjoy
> calculus
>
>
> go raw!!

Wicked Ver. Thumbs up!

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: July 17, 2010 02:59PM

[www.google.com]

Yes, here you can read her three books on Google. They are targeted towards the mainstream and I've seen them in Walmart! Rory was an agent for Ford Models and the other author is a model with a degree in Holistic Nutrition. They are pretty good cooked vegan books.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 17, 2010 09:25PM

I didnt click on it simply because of the title.

Vinny

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 17, 2010 10:13PM

At least hte women who choose to be in PETA's ads, have a choice to be objectified and choose it to try to help animals; whereas the animals don't have a choice. Not saying right or wrong; just don't see it as an equal comparison by any means.

Date: July 17, 2010 10:18PM

I take issue with the word "bitch." I am definitely not one of those types who claim that it is empowering to use a slur used against them to demean. And the funny thing is that I am not totally PC. I just do not like gender-specific or racial slurs. I also don't like that some in the gay community think it's okay to call themselves "queer." I realize that as a straight person, I may come across as arrogant to even think of dictating what a member of another group does. Same with the N-word used in the Black community. Pisses me off. And then it gives bigots an excuse to use it too! They always say..."Well, if it's such a bad word, then why do THEY use it?" Mel Gibson's rants really covered all the bases: women, Blacks, and Hispanics. LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2010 10:21PM by banana who.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: July 17, 2010 10:32PM

yeah, I have to say I agree, queer is nothing though compared to the other worse word for gays, the origin of its meaning is horrible, far worse than just about any other slur I know of... a friend of mine used to use it to refer to himself, till I asked him if he was aware of the origin of the term, and told him the story about it, and he has not used the term since...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: July 20, 2010 08:10AM

Isnt it great that we can debate about meaningless distractions whilst billions of animals get slaughtered still.

We can be disturbed about a title of something or we can be disturbed that we are still part of the problem vs the solution and still eating animal products.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 23, 2010 05:40AM

<<We can be disturbed about a title of something or we can be disturbed that we are still part of the problem vs the solution and still eating animal products.>>

Solution: Don't eat animal products.

Solution: By not eating animal products and leading a radiant and vibrant life in all facets of life, others are influenced to do the same.

Who does this?

Probably the vast majority of people that are on this board.

Bon Appetit ( sorry, can't spell frenchgrinning smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 23, 2010 05:54AM

la_veronique Wrote:
> No, i don't know her nor have i read any of her
> books
>
> why read about arithmetic, when you enjoy
> calculus
>
>
> go raw!!

i love this statement grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: July 24, 2010 04:07AM

durianrider Wrote:
> Isnt it great that we can debate about meaningless
> distractions whilst billions of animals get
> slaughtered still.

Ok, lets all go sit in a corner and cry about it.

>
> We can be disturbed about a title of something or

The title didn't really disturb me. Were you going for shock value? I mean..I use the word bitch all the time!

> we can be disturbed that we are still part of the
> problem vs the solution and still eating animal
> products.

This is obviously a raw food support forum. Not the eat animals forum.. Where were you going with this again?

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: July 24, 2010 05:11AM

I'm into skinny bitches

david

Date: July 24, 2010 08:55PM

Durian Rider: Do you really think that argument holds very much water? Because I suppose the slaughter of animals will trump most things, so let's use the N-word, the F-word for gay people, and the B and C-words for women because of course they are just words and death is far more important! Um...not. I can walk and chew gum and hate the word 'bitch' and the same time.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 25, 2010 05:37PM

Absolutely, banana who!

My favorite raw vegan

Date: July 25, 2010 08:21PM

dvdai Wrote:
> I'm into skinny bitches

Profound statement...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 25, 2010 09:42PM

My, we've decended into the gutteriest gutter . . . Rory Freedman calls herself this ironically, having been called this by women who envied her svelte vegan physic and shiny vegan hair, etc. It's sarcastic, and if it motivates women, even through appealing to vanity, to consider kinder diets, well, great, IMO.

Date: July 25, 2010 09:50PM

Sorry, but no cigar for me. And 'gutter' seems a stretch. I don't buy the whole "I am gay, so I will call myself a queer" or Blacks who call each other 'my N-word' as an "affectionate" term. I mean, these women can call themselves bitches and rake in the dough and bully for them, but I get to say that I find it annoying and offensive. And you can say I need to remove the stick up my butt, if you want to...winking smiley

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 25, 2010 11:55PM

banana who, I was with you until the "profound statement" comment and that emoticon... Really!

And Tamukha, yes, offensive language is attention-grabbing and may motivate some people (to eat better or whatever), but it's sad. Not shocking. Sad. Actually, immature and sad. Everyone knows all the words. Using them is just a cheap shot by people who are stuck in "rebellious teenager mode" and/or have a weak vocabulary.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: July 26, 2010 02:45AM

As great as you feel your stance is, I think it'll ultimately be counter-productive even though I think you are right.

david

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: July 26, 2010 04:05AM

I admire durianrider's passion for his beliefs. I probably don't completely agree with his version of raw food diet, but that's nothing new, so I don't care.

Anyway, I think it's great that durianrider is into animal rights and wants to share his passion. Not everyone here is a committed vegan (yet). And sharing a video gives others a chance to pass it along.

I didn't have much use for Skinny Bitch myself, but I thought it was really funny, so I bought it for my best friend who eats cottage cheese and such.

Rory looks great. Nice arms! I love seeing young people who are into being vegan - whether they're raw or not.

It's probably true that a lady using the B word is kind of like a Black using the N word. It's an unfortunate choice of words, but I don't think there was bad intention. More like a learning opportunity. No one's perfect.

I say, go Rory!

Posted by: Raw Seeker ()
Date: July 26, 2010 03:15PM

I've noticed that Durianrider likes to post about cooked food vegans but if you go to his site and advocate cooked vegan foods he'll kick you out before you even know what hit you.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 26, 2010 03:28PM

This thread title is offensive every time I see it.

VINNY

Date: July 26, 2010 09:44PM

<banana who, I was with you until the "profound statement" comment and that emoticon... Really!>

Why, did I sound snarky? Well, it's really hard to read people say that they are "into" women for being skinny (and what does that mean anyway--slender or anorexic-looking?). If the same person had written the statement: "I am into big-boobed women," wouldn't a slightly snarky response be somewhat appropriate? It just seems shallow to me. Nothing against the person who wrote that; most people want "skinny" or "buff" or "well-built" partners. I was just hoping that while we may prefer a certain build or bodily endowment, that we have evolved to the point of that not being the main focus. I think it would have sit better with me had the poster said that he was into healthy or health-conscious women.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables