Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Assitance, anyone....heart....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: August 27, 2006 03:04AM

I have a very close friend who is having heart troubles. - most probably occlusion of arteris. He is at a teachable moment, yet a very scientific mind that requires proof and data. Does any one have any experience with raw and heart problems - or know anyone who has.

Thank you so much!

Piano Gal

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Assitance, anyone....heart....
Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: August 27, 2006 03:38AM

I would point your friend not to raw literature, but to Dr. Dean Ornish's work on healing heart disease with diet and exercise. It's all backed up scientifically so this may appeal to your friend.

[www.amazon.com]

Cheers,

LTF

Posted by: chilove ()
Date: August 27, 2006 05:07PM

I agree with the previous poster. If your friend will want scientific proof and is coming from a SAD diet, either Dr. Ornish's or Dr. Pritikin's progams will be good places for him to start. They both advocate vegan, whole food, low fat diets .

All the best,

Audrey
www.rawhealing.com

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 27, 2006 05:27PM

-Heart problems have to come from poor circulation, inherent defects, and poor conditioning. Your friend can handle 2 of those conditions utilizing diet and exercise.

-A good diet to eliminate circulator deposits would be one high in greens, fresh fruits, and fresh squeezed juices. Avoid high fats (although a little at each meal is fine) along with processed foods, salts, spices and animal products.

-A vigorous walk every morning is great exercise. Get plenty of sun and fresh air.

-Health is there - if your friend wants it.

-It's the simplist things that are the hardest to take time for.

-David Mason

Thanks, Dave....you're a prince!
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: August 27, 2006 11:03PM

!

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 28, 2006 02:20PM

Artery blockage occurs when the blood vessels are carrying too much crud that they can't handle - like hydrogenated oils, whose molecules don't fit any other cells since an extra hydrogen atom has been added, rendering them mis-shapen, and thus they go about banging away trying to fit into something, in the meantime creating tiny tears in the artery walls, which the body then band-aids over with cholesterol. Too much sugar probably has the same effect, since it creates inflammation - too much of anything unnatural, probably. There are of course other factors that cause heart disease, but the tearing & band-aiding over of the arteries with cholesterol is the main culprit, because eventually too much cholesterol builds up. I don't believe in cholesterol-lowering medications because they treat the symptom not the cause - you take away the cholesterol & you're left with torn-up arteries which the body had band-aided over for a reason.

I feel the same as your friend in needing scientific proof for everything - if he wants to go raw I would suggest he read Dr. Gabriel Cousens's "Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine", which is quite heavy on the science.

I also think the above suggestions of Dr. Ornish or Pritikin are a better starting point, since they're more mainstream. Dr. Cousens might sound a bit radical unless you already know the importance of diet & just want further proof.

Good luck to your friend! I hope he gets better.

Date: August 31, 2006 05:39AM

hawthorn tincture is also good for the heart, plus in tea, ....or ...i guess, one could eat also the berries?....in season?....
LOVE & BLESSINGS, Basia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables