Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Back The Journalism of Health - Andrew's Fasting Book
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: July 20, 2010 06:24PM

I'm writing a book on fasting, but I need some amazing backers to make it happen.

My plan is to go on a 25-day fast under the supervision of Doug Graham and use it for part of my book, which will tackle the neglected topic of fasting from the health and spiritual perspectives.

I've already discussed the idea with Doug, and he's very excited about the project.

For more detail on the book and how you can get behind it, please see the project page here: [www.kickstarter.com]

Who Is Andrew Perlot?

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a former newspaper reporter who recently left his job to pursue health journalism full time. I run www.raw-food-health.net

Why Should You Care?

Flip open a newspaper or put on the 6 o'clock news - you're not going to find any information on fasting. Despite its impressive track record as a healing modality, fasting is a subject that has been heavily neglected.

Try to find a single really great book on fasting and you're going to strike out - I've recently tried doing just that and ended my search in frustration. There's enough information out there to tantalize you at the possibilities, but no one has ever seriously tackled the subject. That's what I want to do.

If you think the spread of empowering health information is important, than this is the project for you.

Find out more here: [www.kickstarter.com]

Will You Help Me Spread The Word?

This project won't get off the ground without your help. Although I hope you will all sign on as backers, it's just as important that the word get out. Please email your family, friends and coworkers, and if you participate in forums, email lists, blogs or other websites, please spread the word there as well.

I've found this is a topic that fascinates people even more than the idea of raw foods, and you need not restrict your message to those who are raw foodists or vegetarians.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

-Andrew Perlot

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Back The Journalism of Health - Andrew's Fasting Book
Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: July 20, 2010 06:36PM

Why do you need $13,000 to fast? It can't be for food.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 20, 2010 07:02PM

i dont like the heading : STARVE Andrew

you are equating starving with fasting , which its not, and is a poor choice of words to start off with

otherwise good luck with the project i will as always look forward to your synopsis of it smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 20, 2010 07:27PM

j

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2010 07:33PM by RusticBohemian.

Date: July 20, 2010 07:32PM

Jodi - I sometimes find that improper word choice gets people's attention better than proper word choice. It's a trade off that I am ever conscious of, but which I have yet to find a good way out of.

For instance, when making my website I want to reach as many people as possible with the message of health. The source of well over 98 percent of all web traffic is the search engines, which directs people based on search phrases.

If you want to reach many people, you build pages based around popular search phrases, even if it compromises, so some degree, the accuracy of what you're doing.

You can, of course, choose to not do this, and I've experimented with this route. The result, I'm afraid, are pages that few visit.

So do I stand with my high minded principals or do I give them, to a degree, what they're looking for, striving once they arrive to give them the right information?

I've yet to find a good solution.

-Andrew.

Date: July 20, 2010 07:33PM

It's a medically-supervised fast. I'm not just sitting at home in bed.

veghunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why do you need $13,000 to fast? It can't be for
> food.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 21, 2010 05:54AM

andrew , as a person who comes from a long history of eating disorders , equating the word fasting , with starvation is a poor choice of words

regardless of how many web hits you are trying to hit, it is a poor choice of words, insensitive at the least and a misnomer at the worst

im just merely making a sugestion

smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: July 21, 2010 07:24AM

I have the most amazing book on fasting - It is called 'Fasting and Eating for Health' by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.

I agree with jgunn - the title STARVE Andrew is appalling. You will attract anorexics and just add to the clamour that raw food is a faddy, weird diet for extremists.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables