Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What to Do.....
Posted by: Casy ()
Date: August 27, 2006 06:28PM

So I have no food at home, I do but not things I WILL EVER EAT, So I'm at work thinking what I should eat for dinner..... I have Pecans at home, apples BUT MAN MY DAD GOT ME REGULAR APPLES... I appreciate him getting um but I wish they were organic, as I said im 18 and still live at home..work for the military so i really dont have time to go to the grocery store...Should I still eat them? For dinner should I stick to the apples and pecans? I have canned spinach but I dont trust any canned foods.......

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What to Do.....
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 27, 2006 08:54PM

-Eating fresh, raw plant food is not synonymous with organic. I would eat the apples before the canned spinach! Ha! ha! (just my opinion).

-David Mason

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: August 27, 2006 09:48PM

Casy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have canned spinach but I dont trust
> any canned foods.......

Too right! As far as I understand, all canned food is cooked.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 27, 2006 10:02PM

Casey,

Peel the apples if you find a wax coating when you scrape your nail against the skin.

Why don't you order your foods online? You could give money to your Dad to buy you the fruits/veggies that you want. Look for alternative ways to get the raw food that you need rather than looking at the obstacles.

How come you can find something to eat at work but have nothing at home? Can you buy food from work and take it home? Anyhow, look at your options.

Good luck.
Therese

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 28, 2006 01:39AM

Part of being a raw foodists is taking responsibility for what food goes into your mouth. To be fully responsible, it requires doing your own shopping that so food choices are not dictated by others. As long as you let your father shop for you, you are telling the universe that you are not yet ready to take full responsibility for your diet, as you are letting your father dictate what you eat.

Posted by: rooneyandmuldoon ()
Date: August 29, 2006 03:16AM

It sounds like your Dad was doing a kind thing in buying the apples. If so, that should be acknowledged by eating the peeled apples. It's a step in the right direction. Then take a more proactive role in getting raw, organic food.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables