Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Foods in D.C.
Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: July 28, 2010 02:53PM

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Raw food isn't all that popular in this area, so it's interesting to see someone trying to start a raw restaurant and that it was deemed newsworthy by a major newspaper. The food looks very gourmet.

For reservations: [elizabethsgoneraw.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Foods in D.C.
Posted by: RawLibrarian ()
Date: July 28, 2010 04:27PM

I saw that article too. I do not eat raw gourmet food on any kind of regular basis at all, but I want to check this place out and support it.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: July 28, 2010 04:35PM

if they don't change their menu, it's likely to crash and burn. $65 dollar admission tickets and advanced reservations may work. who knows. With Lotus and Sunflower in Northern VA, ain't going to Elizabeths anytime soon with my family of 3.

Paul

Date: July 28, 2010 06:00PM

I haven't been to Sunflower in years. It used to be very heavy on tofu, eggplant, and mushrooms, none of which I ate at the time. I might try it again.

Where is Lotus? I haven't heard of that one.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: July 28, 2010 06:23PM

[www.lotusvegetarian.com]

They aren't all raw. But are raw friendly. Their seaweed salad is a favorite of mine without the add ons. $5. Best. On your assessment of Sunflower, have to agree. Lotus is closer, cheaper and more raw friendly. smiling smiley

Paul

btw, if you are in Northern VA and want to do lunch there, let me know. Be glad to touch base.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2010 06:33PM by pborst.

Date: August 03, 2010 10:59PM

Thanks for the suggestion, Paul. I went to the Lotus today and had the spinach salad and colorful salad. Delicious.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables