Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

how much fruit do I buy per week?
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: July 30, 2010 03:11AM

A question I get all the time. Here is a vid about it. smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how much fruit do I buy per week?
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: July 30, 2010 06:16AM

You are just so arrogant - it is unbelievable.

Your assumption that people who cannot afford to spend a small fortune on fruit are wasting their money on prada handbags or living in flashy neighbourhoods is just breathtakingly stupid. I would laugh if it hadn't made me so cross.

I think you need to grow up and stop insulting intelligent people with your silly, childish sweeping statements.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: July 30, 2010 06:24AM

lol..why do you even bother clicking them? I can't imagine how bad it is based on your comment. What a joke..how can anyone take this guy seriously with comments like that?

And why is this guy allowed to spam the forum on a daily basis? He's ruining it. I know I'm not a popular poster but I don't even want to come here anymore because his sn is all you see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2010 06:28AM by BackAgain.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 30, 2010 04:06PM

flipperjan,

Please remember that he is cross posting from You Tube, where, unlike here, half his respondents are non raw foodists that challenge him to justify his non-meat containing diet. He is not addressing you directly, and he is not insisting that people on fixed incomes with families to support fritter their incomes away on tropical fruit(the first part actually recommends buying at a discount direct from a grower). In none of his videos, and I think I've watched all of the ones from the past two years, does he assume you can prioritize food over other things if you have growing mouths to feed. He's just saying to be mindful that your family's health is non negotiable. Don't take this stuff personally, dear; he's cocky but, he has known hardship himself, and I don't think he means to demean anyone here who is trying to do this right smiling smiley

Posted by: rab ()
Date: July 30, 2010 07:44PM

I actually think that "duriander" is a very good representative of 80/10/10 diet, with a way of very positive,natural way of communicating his views. He may look a little arrogant because of this self-confidence, but he has a right to be confident. Even his shirtless videos are a good way to bring some young peoople into the world of nutrition. It may be a little too much for older generation (I would never make a video shirtless), but he is not a show-off, I think. He is fresh, dynamic and natural. Something similar to what young Boutenko does.

And this board is surprisingly very negative towards "duriander", even though his views are strictly raw vegan - not many people out there advocate this diet, so we should accept them, regardless if we agree with their methods 100% or not.

After all, isn't it all about tolerance and understanding?

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: July 30, 2010 08:00PM

I have no problems with his raw vegan videos i quite like them even though how he is with me.

I however dont like when he posts videos on health or does his pseudo durian science, the latest one was when he said hypoglycemia was the same as glygocen depletion. You have quite a few followers surpisngly and they all seem to intake your special durian science, so for the sake of health stick to raw talk rather than human biology which sadly your knowledge is very very limited.

And i feel the need to respond as when i reply you ask me this question everytime, NO i wont get my top off for you on a video, and no i wont post any videos for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2010 08:02PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Raw Seeker ()
Date: July 30, 2010 09:27PM

There was no arrogance that I could see. The guy is giving great advice on how to successfully do raw. You got to do whatever it takes.

At least he's not giving us loser posts like "Don't fret if you're not perfect".

DR is telling you it can be done and showing you how to do it.

Keep em coming bro!

Posted by: Raw Seeker ()
Date: July 30, 2010 09:43PM

Powerlifter, nobody does more pseudo science than you. You sell all sorts of concoctions with the implicit recommendation that people will get better health. What a crock!

This was taken from your site-

"Pure/Raw herbal powders have nothing added to them, they are how nature intended us to use.."

Oh yeah?? Nature intended us to use them as powders?? Ha ha!

You're just another snake oil salesman. I'd trust Durian Rider any day over you with my health.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2010 09:45PM by Raw Seeker.

Date: July 31, 2010 10:03AM

Raw Seeker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Powerlifter, nobody does more pseudo science than
> you. You sell all sorts of concoctions with the
> implicit recommendation that people will get
> better health. What a crock!
>
> This was taken from your site-
>
> "Pure/Raw herbal powders have nothing added to
> them, they are how nature intended us to use.."
>
> Oh yeah?? Nature intended us to use them as
> powders?? Ha ha!
>
> You're just another snake oil salesman. I'd trust
> Durian Rider any day over you with my health.

Thats because you most likely are durian using another username or you are his biggest fanboy and follow me in all his other threads. Abit weird?

Now scoot im not away to get in a personal debate on this forum with you. You can PM me if you'd like to get some stuff off your chest, your obviously a big fan of fake science supporting durian/yourself anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2010 10:07AM by powerlifer.

Date: July 31, 2010 02:25PM

And for your information raw seeker yes as nature intended, many herbs need to be dried and powdered to use, some as a decoction/tea and so on.

Anyway if you have a problem with me, take it to PM instead of being rude in several threads and ruining the tone of the forum

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2010 02:29PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 01, 2010 07:34AM

I have to say, he didnt come off as arrogant to me, just...well like every other australian guy Ive met, a bit overly confident, but when he gets to the part flipperjan describes, it does sound like he is completely dismissive of those who really cant afford what he is selling, at no point does he make ANY mention that his statements dont apply to those who obviously need the money for a roof over their heads, or other such necessities, he is making clear sweeping statements that anyone who cant afford it, is spending it on frivolous stuff, It currently takes me 2 months to make the amount of money he spends in one week just on fruit...that all goes to rent, with my EBT (foodstamps) being all I have left to buy food with, and thats $200... these kind of people he dismisses completely in his statements, like they dont even exist... if he prefaced his statement with something like "people making 6-7k+ a month saying they cant afford this cause..." then it wouldn't come off as such, but he didn't, and he has made similar sweeping statements before on this forum... so its not a new thing, its been pointed out to him already...

Oh, and check raw seekers IP, simple way to tell if they are the same person or not, any moderator can do it, or any mildly tech savvy person with a free prog can do it, although that person wouldn't admit to it probably, as its technically illegal for them to do so if they aren't the moderator of the forum...smiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 01, 2010 06:39PM

Curator,

At that point in the video, I believe he's responding to a specific e-mail he received, with specific concerns. That he's looking into the camera makes this unclear in some of his videos.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 02, 2010 10:15AM

yeah, I guess my point is, that since that very issue with his blanket statements has been addressed with him already, you would think he would make at least some effort to i dunno, not do the exact same thing again and again that he already knows some people will find offensive? its a handful of slightly altered words...not to hard id think...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: August 02, 2010 08:14PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2010 08:15PM by flipperjan.

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: August 27, 2010 12:12AM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Curator,
>
> At that point in the video, I believe he's
> responding to a specific e-mail he received, with
> specific concerns. That he's looking into the
> camera makes this unclear in some of his videos.

Very perceptive Tamukha! Your right I was responding to Hestrins video request.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables