Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Making B12 Living
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 01, 2010 04:57PM

I recently bought a bottle of liquid B vitamins, which has a very high dose of B12. I decided to try adding it to the soak water for lentil sprouts. I do you think this will make the b12 more effective? Or do you think the lentils will break it down into something else?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Making B12 Living
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 01, 2010 05:53PM

I see no reason for the lentils blocking absorption is any way, but you'd be aswell just taking the supplement as directed really.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 04, 2010 12:37AM

powerlifter,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Its a cheap form of b12, cyanocobolmin, I don't think I spelled it correctly. Its supposed to have cyanide in it? I thought that there was some question of toxicity. I was hoping that somehow the little sprouts might detoxify it in some way. I have been gone away all day, but the last time I checked the progress, it appears that the sprouting has been inhibited. I was actually worried that they might not sprout at all!

Just looked at them, they are sprouting fine. I thought it was supposed to be better if the vitamins were part of something alive?

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: August 04, 2010 12:41AM

Methylcobalamin is a better choice that cyanocobalamin, because I believe the cyanocobalamin breaks down to some form of cyanide in the body.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 05, 2010 10:21AM

I heard that small trace amounts of Cyanide (found in some food sources)are supposed to possibly have some cancer fighting properties... dont get me wrong here, im not saying they DO, I have no idea, I just heard something about that recently and have not read any kind of studies or anything to back that up...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 05, 2010 12:53PM

The inert cyanide found in things like apricot pits and bitter almonds is not a toxic form under normal conditions.

Cyanocabalamin is the natural form of B12 found in foods. It does not produce toxic amounts of cyanide in breakdown. Methylcobalamin is just the most easily uptaken supplement form, so that's what I would stick to smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables