Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to Raw food diet
Posted by: Punkrotten ()
Date: August 07, 2010 06:08PM

Hi,

I am a person who is new to the raw food diet. I been reading up on it for a few months, I do eat some raw foods and organic but I'm not satisfied with the amount. The problem I find is knowing what foods you can eat and how to prepare/eat them. I think this is the problem for almost everyone, processed/packaged foods make it convenient to just eat something right away. Well, I am not a lazy person and like to cook foods. I've written down a few recipes to help get me started.

The whole reason I want to get on this diet is I want the health benefits. WHat are some basics to transitioning over to a raw food diet? I already have a blender and plan to get a juicer. I am very interested in sprouts, for one I like to eat them, and two I think its kinda fun to grow things. I have read though that some seeds/beans can be toxic if sprouted. What can be sprouted and what can't?

Where do you find out how to prepare most foods besides recipes? Please add anything else you think might be helpful for me to know on how to get started. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to Raw food diet
Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: August 07, 2010 09:27PM

Well you can very easily just eat fruits, grab an apple, orange, banana, etc... and just eat it. That dosen't require much effort. This is the most convient diet Iv'e ever followed.

Date: August 07, 2010 09:56PM

Yeah I know what you mean. Some of the other foods though require some work and know how.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 08, 2010 11:26PM

yeah, basically red beans are toxic in any raw form, normal or sprouted, those ones can actually kill you... there are allot of yummy recipes on the recipe forum! as far as juicers go...Especially if your on a budget, id suggest the omega 8004, its good for a ton of stuff other than juicing as well, is much cheaper than anything with comparable or better juice quality, and has a 15 year warranty... But I do suggest that you research them all yourself, youtube has allot of really great comparison videos so you can see different juicers in action!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Swayze ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:32PM

I have a free report you can get from subscribing to my mailing list at [www.fitonraw.com], if you are interested. It's called "The 4 Principles of a Raw Diet" and there's a 5-week mini-course called "The Fool Proof transition to Raw". smiling smiley

Swayze
[www.fitonraw.com]

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:39PM

The appliances I use from most to least are: blender, food processor, juicer.

There are a bunch of recipes at the Recipes and Food Preparation forum. Also check out Living and Raw Food Recipes. And if thats not enough, try gone raw.

The basics are to incorporate more fruits and salads into your current diet until you are only eating fruits and salads. Watch out for eating too much fat, as most raw diets are 60% fat or higher. A salad with 2 pounds of romaine lettuce and just 1 tablespoon of olive oil is 52% fat.

Date: August 09, 2010 09:12PM

Wow thanks guys. I will be sure to check all this info out. Thanks for all the tips.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables