Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Richard Blackman
Posted by: paulieGB ()
Date: September 08, 2010 09:35PM

Hey,

What has happened to Richard Blackman ?
I can't find his bootcamp website,

Are you out there Richard ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richard Blackman
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 08, 2010 09:43PM

Richard is reportedly now a Breatharian, so maybe he's moved on to other interests?

Date: September 08, 2010 09:50PM

maybe ,
Neither of his web sites are working now, seems a little strange,
I guess he is not doing the boot camp thing either ?

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: September 08, 2010 11:12PM

Checkout out [www.jerichosunfire.com]

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: September 09, 2010 09:30AM

I like Richard. He is a great guy. He just went way to far with trying to eat as little as possible and when you do that, you cant sustain much in life, especially social networks.

I wish him health and fitness where ever he is.

Date: September 09, 2010 01:04PM

Prana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Checkout out [www.jerichosunfire.com]

Hi,
Thanks for the link,
Doesn't he look great in those video's very healthy.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 09, 2010 10:17PM

I am so "on the fence" with this one. I want to believe it is possible, but it seems so unbelievable. BTW, you would think he wouldn't get all those "toxic ink" tattoos if he was concerned about the cleanliness of his body/blood.

Awesome vids. though; the level of endurance/fitness that is has achieved is amazing.

Date: September 10, 2010 01:33AM

Nobody is a breatharian. Ive travelled the globe, talked with thousands of people that have heard but nobody can show me one.

We offered Richard an all expenses paid trip to Thailand with us last year to train hardcore with us and show us his breatharian magic. He got offended and declined. Heck, if someone pays my air fare, Im going anywhere to prove my banana magic! smiling smiley

My housemate that died last year, they thought breatharians existed too. Having that sort of belief is one of the most dangerous beliefs we can have in the health realm.

Ive known plenty of people that tried, all of ended up in mental wards or chronically depressed, emaciated and binge prone. A few of em are obese now.

Date: September 10, 2010 01:52AM

durianrider Wrote:
> Nobody is a breatharian. Ive travelled the globe,
> talked with thousands of people that have heard
> but nobody can show me one.
>
> We offered Richard an all expenses paid trip to
> Thailand with us last year to train hardcore with
> us and show us his breatharian magic. He got
> offended and declined. Heck, if someone pays my
> air fare, Im going anywhere to prove my banana
> magic! smiling smiley
>
> My housemate that died last year, they thought
> breatharians existed too. Having that sort of
> belief is one of the most dangerous beliefs we can
> have in the health realm.
>
> Ive known plenty of people that tried, all of
> ended up in mental wards or chronically depressed,
> emaciated and binge prone. A few of em are obese
> now.

It seems like it would be easy enough to call someones bluff on this. If you followed them around (not stalking, lol) you would eventually see them eating, food shopping, etc.

I don't know how you could "live the lie" successfully, so to speak.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: September 10, 2010 06:32AM

When reading Jericho Sunfire's website, it might be helpful to notice his definition of "breatharian", or "inediate". It's not exactly what many of us would expect.

As a fruitarian, Richard often brought attention to his definition of "fruitarian diet", which is repeated on the Jericho Sunfire website: "The fruitarian diet, consisting of raw fruits (both sweet and non-sweet), nuts, seeds, leafy greens..." - ie, not exclusively fruit.

Regarding "inedia", from the Jericho Sunfire Website: "...true Inedia is not forcing oneself to live in limited restriction or to live on the brink of starvation, and true Inediates must not let skeptics or inaccurate information deny them the ability to use our wonderful elements of nature and cause them to feel that they are cheaters, fakes, or frauds, because the true Inediate has the right to positively use and recycle the elements of nature as their bodies see fit..."

The "elements" Richard refers to might include food and water.

To continue, "...True Inedia, which is far from limitation or starvation, is instead the royal feast of following your own personal intuitive or spiritual calling, and the daily adventure of working to reconnect with the inner self in order to know the victory, the freedom, and the peace that can only be found by mastering the lifelong art of perfect physical, mental, and spiritual harmony."

Any reference to "true inedia" as the ability to live without food or water is absent from the definition.

It may be that Richard has committed himself to the study of inedia, rather than exactly following the more common understanding of it.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2010 06:45AM by suncloud.

Date: September 10, 2010 05:34PM

Interesting points, suncloud.

I read through some of his site, but not all of it.

If that is the case, why wouldn't he just come right out & say what he consumes instead of clouding the facts in mysticism?

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: September 12, 2010 08:49PM

It is just extended fasting. It is not never eating again.

Air is the #1 most important thing we need to consume.
Afterall we are all breatharians, some of us just go longer without food than others.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 12, 2010 09:22PM

juicerkatz Wrote:

> If that is the case, why wouldn't he just come
> right out & say what he consumes instead of
> clouding the facts in mysticism?

because he doesnt want anyone to follow his lead in some shape way or form and suffer some consequences or liability. essentially he has always said , do your own thing not his smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: September 12, 2010 11:50PM

Jgunn Wrote:
> juicerkatz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > If that is the case, why wouldn't he just come
> > right out & say what he consumes instead of
> > clouding the facts in mysticism?
>
> because he doesnt want anyone to follow his lead
> in some shape way or form and suffer some
> consequences or liability. essentially he has
> always said , do your own thing not his smiling smiley

I suppose that is what sets him apart from Wiley Brooks & Jasmuheen...

Date: September 13, 2010 11:25AM

Im actually a breatharian..honest! Between meals. smiling smiley

Jashmusheen, she got debunked on national TV here in Australia years ago. I was at a yoga retreat last year in Thailand and she was there eating cake with the head instructor in the cafe. One person at the retreat still tried to be a breatharian though and lasted only 2 weeks 'cos they were weak in will' someone said.

Read Brook's website..he advises eating big macs and coke BUT it MUST be diet coke...

Hey, I heard Santa is really coming this year..

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: April 11, 2011 01:10PM

If Jericho Sunfire's definition of "breatharian" is something different then maybe he should call it something different instead of trying to get into the hype. The guy has really disappointed me if I'm honest, I used to point to him (Richard Blackman) when people told me you can't have muscles and be vegan.

I do know that he's back in the UK now.

I really liked his fruitarian approach, he was so different to the preachy guru's and really inspired me, but hey if whatever he is doing is working for him then great and I wish him every success, but personally I don't think anyone should be promoting "breatharianism" because frankly it is complete nonsense perpetuated by pseudo science garbage.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Date: April 14, 2011 05:23AM

I predict Richard will get his stuff together.

In the mean time, if you want to see some vegan muscle and dietary intakes.

www.veganbodybuilding.com
www.veganstrength.org

Noah Hannibal won the Australian Heavy weight bench press champs last year!! Noah has been a vegan for 17 years.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 15, 2011 10:07AM

whatever u want to call him or surmise about him

he's a pretty darn good inspiration

for those who want to be raw AND fit

honestly, the two go hand in hand

raw makes fitness sooooo easy

and being fit makes you just wanna continue eating raw to get the great feeling high that is amplified from doing a great workout

its a vicious positive cycle

one just feeds into the other

GOOOOOO JERICHOOOOOOO!!!

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: July 22, 2011 10:41PM

I wouldn't say he's much of an inspiration as a breatharian. Nor do I agree with earlier comments that he looks great, to me he looks like he's lost a lot of that good lean muscle he once had. I don't see him uploading fitness videos anymore that in itself is telling.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: brome ()
Date: July 22, 2011 11:44PM

The whole idea of breatharians is inconsistent chemically. If you don't need the reducer, food, you wouldn't need the oxidizer either, the oxygen in the air. The only reason to breathe is to provide oxygen to react with the food you eat to complete the oxidation - reduction energy reaction.

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: July 23, 2011 06:39AM

There are nutrients in water and air. For example if you were to weight some soil and then plant a plant in it and let it grow and then weigh the soil again after a few years you would find that the plant has gained many pounds while you have only lost a few ounces of soil - like this guy's experiment:

[www.britannica.com]
"In what is perhaps his best-known experiment, van Helmont placed a 5-pound (about 2.2-kg) willow in an earthen pot containing 200 pounds (about 90 kg) of dried soil, and over a five-year period he added nothing to the pot but rainwater or distilled water. After five years, he found that the tree weighed 169 pounds (about 77 kg), while the soil had lost only 2 ounces (57 grams). He concluded that “164 pounds of wood, barks, and roots arose out of water only,” and he had not even included the weight of the leaves that fell off every autumn. Obviously, he knew nothing of photosynthesis, in which carbon from the air and minerals from the soil are used to generate new plant tissue, but his use of the balance is important; he believed that the mass of materials had to be accounted for in chemical processes."

But personally I think we have a digestive system for a reason, we are supposed to eat, and most living things eat so I'm not sold on breatharianism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2011 06:40AM by tropical.

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: July 24, 2011 06:31AM

tropical Wrote:
> But personally I think we have a digestive system
> for a reason, we are supposed to eat, and most
> living things eat so I'm not sold on
> breatharianism.
That was an interesting story about the tree.
There have been several documented cases of Breatharianism. It's not something one wants to do, but rather it is something a very few have to do in order to survive. For example, one case I remember, eating food became painful, so not eating was the process that evolved.......WY

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: July 26, 2011 05:49AM

I never thought about that, people becoming Breatharians because they have to. Maybe it's good that some people like Richard are reaserching this. It's nice to know that he's still doing things, I had searched for his site a while back and didn't find it, I didn't find David Mason's site either anyone know what's happened to him? Maybe they still post here but under different names (although I'm sure Richard's ehibitionist tendancies would be a sure give away under any name)

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: July 26, 2011 06:36AM

tropical Wrote:
> .......I didn't find David Mason's
> site either anyone know what's happened to him?
He put so much of himself into every post. I'm going to guess he got tired of being ignored, and left.

> .....I'm sure Richard's ehibitionist
> tendancies would be a sure give away under any
> name)
Yes, he did have a way about himself, didn't he? Self-confidence is revealed in how you present yourself, not by telling others exactly what you're doing. That's where Richard missed it......WY

Posted by: Novelista ()
Date: July 04, 2012 04:49PM

His currrent website is here: [jerichosunfire.moonfruit.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 05, 2012 11:09PM

Wait, what happened to "Jericho" Sunfire? Has he changed his name to "Genesis" now? So confusing. But his boot camp sounds exciting!

Posted by: Raw4ever ()
Date: July 06, 2012 06:52PM

I've always been impressed with Richard Blackman even way back in the days before bootcamp. I'm not surprised that he continues to evolve from Richard to Jericho to Genesis, from fruitarian to breatharian. I don't grasp breatharian. It's beyond my scope of knowledge but I am always open to the possibilities. How's that work? He doesn't look like he's enfeebled. What a transcedence!

Posted by: marksquire ()
Date: July 10, 2012 05:40AM

I'm open to anything. I kind of have my doubts about the whole breathetarian thing, but anything's possible. If he found a way to harness the energy of the universe and transform/transmute it into fuel for his body, then that's amazing, and I'd love to see more.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 11, 2012 06:10AM

one can disagree with a concept put forth by a person , but still appreciate that persons input and presence smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 13, 2012 04:05PM

you richard blackman

you RAWWWCKKKKKKKKK!! nice to see you are still passionate and focused on showing others how to reach their optimal physical potential

yeaAHHHHHH!! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables